ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another newbie here, learning what I can before finding a suitable 182

I live in the back roads in bardfield,but yep we do the same before the roads get busy.
Give me a shout if you are heading out, post lockdown of course. I also have a regular group for convoys. We all have pre-programmed satnavs with route files and two-way radios.

I stick to the back roads, am done before 8 am and don’t stop anywhere. Despite driving an attention-grabbing car, stealth is the name of the game when it comes to my recreational driving :)
I like the idea of that but I am not a morning person... :LOL:

I went for a backroads drive after midnight this week - I think I saw one car in about 45 minutes...

The only downside of going out for a drive when it's quiet now is that I imagine one stands out like a sore thumb and is prime target for a bored copper if you get spotted!

I like the idea of that but I am not a morning person... :LOL:
Neither am I! At all. I usually take a long nap when I get home. But it’s the only way to properly enjoy the roads these days.

It helps to have a group of people to do it with...then it becomes an event and you can’t lie in as others are expecting you.

BG 182 FF
Finally found the suitable 182 which I viewed, purchased and brought home yesterday.

An enjoyable drive home from Oxford to London was had with a sense of deja vu from my last car ownership many years ago, a MK2 Golf GTI 16V.

A big thank you to members Jason_E for the smooth sale and maintaining the car to a great standard during his ownership and also to plenty for the advice and tips in recent months.

The car is not in need of anything immediately but I'll get her into Alex at AW Motorworks next month for a health check and will probably continue to badger folk on the forum for assistance when the need arises.

Not great pictures from my old beat up iPhone (Jason has posted better shots previously) but just a few from yesterday, check out the battered snowplough XJS in the background at the Shell garage :)

Attachments

• 47A4FD2E-7259-4770-A355-41D3FC432C64.jpg
    47A4FD2E-7259-4770-A355-41D3FC432C64.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 51
  • CD85208A-AC41-4A83-8266-C7C8B03BEFE0.jpg
    CD85208A-AC41-4A83-8266-C7C8B03BEFE0.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1308.jpg
    IMG_1308.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1321.jpg
    IMG_1321.jpg