ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another noob question from me...re: 182

When locking my car with the key fob remote, sometimes i get three distinct beeps, all of the same length... other times (more often than not) i hear nothing but the locks engaging....

any ideas why there is a difference?

I havent got a 182, or seen the remote. But maybe one locks the doors and activates the alarm, the other just locks it?

Problem: When locking the vehicle the alarm beeps 2 or 3 times!

Reason: The alarm system has received a signal from the vehicle ECU that the ignition is on causing the alarm to beep. This signal is only received by the alarm for 3 to 4 seconds, after this time has elapsed the alarm stops beeping.

Solution: This problem can only be resolved at your local Renault dealer. Ask the dealer to contact the Renault alarm help line and quote reference RS+15, we will then inform them of the modification to be done under warranty.

Please note that this problem will not cause the alarm system to false trigger and is intermittent.

thanks again, much appreciated, a better answer than my renault dealer could ever give

im sure i would have got absolutely nothing from the dealer if i described the problem... at least now I have some ammunition...

yeh it does work and is on a renault paper, but like i say my dealer could never be arsed, but the were tha same for everything

I have this problem sometimes if Im over eager on pressing the button after leaving the car. Its so rare that I wouldnt dream of taking it to a dealer so they can f**k my car up.

i had my alarm repaired 6 weeks ago and everythings been fine **touch wood** . pity they cant get the same result with the knocks lol

Lee

BMW M2C

Mine went in twice for the 3 beeps fault to be fixed and they failed, then all of a sudden it stopped doing it. Come to think of it, Ive never heard the alarm go off? lol