ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another spark plug question.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I have a ph1 172 year 2000 with 39k on the clock.

I know people say that you should change the plugs at 72K but is there also a time limit on this such as every 5 years?

Also is it a good idea to replace the ignition leads? Can't really see how these deteriate, i'll prob clean the connections while im in there.

Thanks

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Id change them more often if i were you.

Leads not so much, but the plugs 3 years or 36,000 i reckon.

ValverInBits
recommend some plugs?
NKGs or a standard renault part

I only ask because the standard part is so expensive

172 Cup Track Car
i change plugs every 20k

if you want the best of the best, buy denso

anything thats good enough for formula 1 is good enough for me.

i have denso in all my cars

expensive but the muts nuts

these guys are great

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/

I have a ph1 172 year 2000 with 39k on the clock.

I know people say that you should change the plugs at 72K but is there also a time limit on this such as every 5 years?

Also is it a good idea to replace the ignition leads? Can't really see how these deteriate, i'll prob clean the connections while im in there.

Thanks

My advice would be to whip them out and check they are okay. If the cars running fine then my attitude on things like plugs are if it aint broke dont fix it. Same with leads.

They do detoriate over time but in all honestly there be fine for ages yet. (more than likely)

Lots of Alfas
25-30nm normally, Its a difficult one with plugs, I always tighten them until it feels right, not too tight, not too light. The 172 is the only Clio where the plugs are designed to last 72k.