ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another stoke newbie....alright duck?

howdy all, just became a fully paid member:), ive got 2 clios under my ownership now, one you will all no!!!

anybody remember the mat black tt powered clio?? yes?? well thats very close to being on the road now....roll on a few weeks:cool:...had this rr last wednesday and it made 451hp @ 1.6 bar @ the wheels, witch i was very happy about after the summer rebuild/freshen up.

anyway....hope everyone is well.........

hope to meet at events in the future:)

matt

VRS
ahh so you bought matts clio tt off him did you :approve:

you will have to let us no when its ups and running so we can get a local meet going and have a butchers at it :D

u making it road legal?

ahh so you bought matts clio tt off him did you :approve:

you will have to let us no when its ups and running so we can get a local meet going and have a butchers at it :D

u making it road legal?

yeah mate its almost road legal now, all i/we gotta do is put the wing mirrors,wipers and wire the lights up then is ready:cool::D

i carnt wait if im honnest its gonna be awesum, we are also hopeing to race it in the club class group of the time attack in 08:cool:

matt

didnt he take it apart cos nobody bought it:S hav fun with it:)

thats what everybody thought....but no matt didnt, he sold it a a lad called karl local to me and i borght it of karl to put her on the road and improve the spec even more;)

Chocolate Bar™
awesome, will have to catch up with you at some point to have a butchers. I assume this is all road legal now then?

awesome, will have to catch up with you at some point to have a butchers. I assume this is all road legal now then?

yeah mate deffo up for a meet sometime, no it isnt quite road legal yet, it need the light wireing up, wipers putting on and mirror putting on, then job done mot time:cool:

MERCEDES CLS AMG
good to see the old smoker again

Gonna need a lot of work to get it back on the road - the car is a cat c write off with no log book.

What you gonna do to get it 550 / 600 bhp ?? ( i would suggest head work and Gas with a progressive controller it will take it ) the bottom end was fitted with steel rods and forged pistons. My mates scirocco has the same set up and is running 10's at the moment

I heard it did a 13.9 at the pod last month ( tut tut ) ??

You need any info just buzz me dude

Last edited:
good to see the old smoker again

Gonna need a lot of work to get it back on the road - the car is a cat c write off with no log book.

What you gonna do to get it 550 / 600 bhp ?? ( i would suggest head work and Gas with a progressive controller it will take it ) the bottom end was fitted with steel rods and forged pistons. My mates scirocco has the same set up and is running 10's at the moment

I heard it did a 13.9 at the pod last month ( tut tut ) ??

You need any info just buzz me dude

matt your a legend man cheers, as for getting it on the road, yeah im aware its a cat c and all that, ive had the vic test done and all that and all it ok....recently sent the forms of the get the log book etc etc:cool:

as for getting it upto 550/600 hp yeah the gas/ported head route is the way im going along with a gt30/ex wastegate if needed.....

13.9 last month yeah!!! haha, quite comical in a way, we lauched the car, all was fine, just getting to the top end of 3rd gear and the drivers door window shattered all over wayne, hence the natrul reaction isto slow down hence the 13.9:D

matt, can you pm me your number so i can chat about verious things:cool:

matt

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Best it ran on the VF34 was 11.9 @ 117 mph and that was roughly about 426 bhp ( showed 400 bhp on rollers but was slipping and tuner reckoned 30 bhp loss )

The top speed run was just over 190 mph !!!!!!!!!! ( dont think it would achieve that on the road due to wind resistance etc )

I would dump the 6 speed box or get the gear ratio's sorted as no matter what i did i couldnt get past 11.9 // 117mph .... people with 5 speed boxes were achieving 11.1's and James form Jabba sport got a 10.9. ( Golf GT TDi 6 sp + quaiffe lsd )

Hundreds of pics / rebuild pics on file

rollingroad.jpg

what 5 speed box would you go for matt??? please dont say 02j as i sold one of these this morning!!!:)

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Personally if i still had it i would fabricate a transmission tunnel, fit an s3 rear end and mate the block up to a S3 box giving you 4 wheel drive - fit a race logic traction control system and if that doesnt get you into the 10's i will eat my hat

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_Control

My pal Jordy who was the engineering genius that came up with the idea for building the car and also contributed a lot of time and affort in building it runs a best of 10.2 @ 140 mph MK1 Scirocco with this set up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-prXT_ZdXo

0 - 60 in 2.5 seconds !!

Last edited:
Personally if i still had it i would fabricate a transmission tunnel, fit an s3 rear end and mate the block up to a S3 box giving you 4 wheel drive - fit a race logic traction control system and if that doesnt get you into the 10's i will eat my hat

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_Control

My pal Jordy who was the engineering genius that came up with the idea for building the car and also contributed a lot of time and affort in building it runs a best of 10.2 @ 140 mph MK1 Scirocco with this set up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-prXT_ZdXo

0 - 60 in 2.5 seconds !!

i take my hat of to that falla....ive got the upmost respect for that kinda stuff....top darts to all involved

VaVa
Dunno about Stokeys... bloody chipeaters.... but at least you're in the right county ;)

Staffordshire la la la Staffordshire la la la!!

Look forward to hopefully seeing this on the A50 at some point. Although not for very long judging by the speed of it. lol.

Dunno about Stokeys... bloody chipeaters.... but at least you're in the right county ;)

Staffordshire la la la Staffordshire la la la!!

Look forward to hopefully seeing this on the A50 at some point. Although not for very long judging by the speed of it. lol.

lol @ chipeaters lmao......youll see me about no doubt mate at events or local meets in the near future:)

VX220 Turbo
hmm memory note lets not race the sleaper from my home town!

good job it isnt using the 3.2v6 tt engine it's s**t slow i killed a tt with that engine in on sunday coming back from the donny meet, also lost a mitsi evo 3 on the a38:)

Clio16V
Scirocco was awesome, did he run at ten of the best at york?

if he didnt theres another one out there, that thing was rapid.

hmm memory note lets not race the sleaper from my home town!

good job it isnt using the 3.2v6 tt engine it's s**t slow i killed a tt with that engine in on sunday coming back from the donny meet, also lost a mitsi evo 3 on the a38:)

haha you got it alex;) but let the cossies have a go:D