ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any 182 owner in stirling area with an aftermarket exhaust?

GW200 FF
Hi,

I've got a 55 plate 182 cup and recently the centre section of my exhaust began blowing from a hole near the silencer. Its really annoying :evil:

I'm in two minds to keep the standard exhaust and get the centre section replaced or go the whole hog and get a SS one. I'm thinking the genuine renault option wont be cheap for the section, but will be cheaper than a full new system. Likewise if I got a SS unit i'm sure I could flog on the OEM back boxes as they are still solid.

not interested in a decat, but like the look / sound of the Scorpion and the Milltek as i'm not after a mental loud unit (the yozza seems to fall into this category). The KTEC is an option but seems to get mixed reviews.

The other problem is all the youtube vids in the world wont tell me how it sounds in the car, and thats where you lovely people come in. :cool:

Does anyone live in the Central belt near Stirling or Alloa with an aftermarket exhaust on? I'd love to hear the Milltek / Scorpion on a 182 before committing. If anyone has any aftermarket exhaust and was through this way / nearby i'd love to have a nosey if its ok.

Also noticed a new group buy of the Scorpion so I might be tempted to join CS club properly....

Cheers

GW200 FF
:) saw your other posts on the BTB - nice kit but i'm afraid 600 snaps is a bit much for an exhaust mate.

although I have seen the RS group buy and will be chipping in for that unless someone can convince me a milltek sounds / is worth the 70 quid extra.

Although i've seen from the posts how long a GB can go on for ;)

Hi, What did you decide on. In having the same debate at the moment.

I have the milltek on order but still not a 100% sure. From what I can make out there isn't much difference.

I don't want an over bearing exhaust system, since I do s lot of motorway and distance driving.