ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Graphic Designers Here?

1.6 Ford Focus
Are there any graphic designers here?

I have been doing graphics for a while now and love it, but there is one thing I don't understand.

When making letter heads, I use Adobe Indesign and save the final design as a PDF which is then send to the client. I have always wondered what happens to it from there as you can't type on a PDF and most companies I know just use ugly word designs instead.

I haven't had anyone ask me to make an editable version just yet, but how is it done? A PDF can't be converted to a word document as far as I know and using an image instead will loose the vector and as far as I know there's not a reliable way to type on PDFs... which makes me wonder why clients ask for letter heads in the first place.

Just done our new letterhead.... we had batch printed and then print on to the letterhead direct from word etc.

1.6 Ford Focus
How is it converted to Word? I know you can save PDFs as Word documents via Acrobat but it totally destroys the layout.

How is that done?

Never mind that, you mean get the letter heads printed and then pop them back in a printer and print onto them again with just the text?