ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any love for an old DCi?

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Recently I have been given a Clio 1.5 dci. Its the 65 version, I originally owned a 206 but my mother gave me opportunity to have the Clio whilst she was buying a new golf. I took this opportunity and sold my 206. So I now owned a Renault Clio 1.5 dci 52 plate it sits with 90,000 on the clock, After getting the car I started noticing things to do with the car that was getting annoying. Firstly the drivers side seat had a hole in the edge of the seat due to a sunroof leak that has now been fixed. I started looking at a new interior when I came across the 182 Renault sport interior, It immediately caught my eye and I was quickly scanning eBay etc to find a decent interior. After looking for a while I found a Clio 182 that was being made into a track car the seller was ripping out the seats to replace them with buckets. I was able to talk him down to £100 for the front and back seats, so I sent myself on my way to Nottingham to pick them up!

(will post pics soon)

After fitting the seats into the Clio I was made up with the improvement and thankful it went smoothly. But then I went back to the internet and found myself looking at the 182 door cars as I was a fan of the suede material. I found some them from the same guy I bought the seats from funnily enough! spent £60 and he brought them straight to my door. Now iv'e fitted them in the interior is looking to have more of a lads look to it.

(will post pics soon)

Probably get slated for this next 'modification' but here we go... I bought myself some 40mm lowering springs (the cheapest I could find). I know that this is going to 'kill' the handing or whatever. But I couldn't stop noticing how high the car was sitting, the back especially. So they will be fitted this weekend and I will be happy with the way the car sits and looks (hopefully).

(pics coming as soon as jobs done)

P.S I know its not a fast car and im not trying to make it into a sport so dont slate me :D , thankyou.

Attachments

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Welcome to the club mate, looking forward to seeing some more photos!

Lowering springs are a good thing by the way, agreed the car is naturally on stilts!