ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any of you photographers into videography/post-production?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Sorry if it's in the wrong section, mods feel free to move it:eek:

Just wondering whether anyone else is into this? It's what I studied at college for the past two years, really enjoy doing it!

Here's my FMP for my course if anyone would like to see it:star:

http://www.vimeo.com/1208409

(sorry about the quiality and framerate issues thats the website seems to have)

If anyone has any creative videos it would be good to see them:cool:

Cheers

182-racing-blue

No issues with playback for me mate.

Nicely done video, MR MR2 was a bit boring but thats not your fault.

The only thing I will say is that when watching the video I had to mute the sound cos I thought my iTunes had started playing the killers. I think the constant music killed it a bit for me.

Other than that, top job.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
nice job buddy, didnt realise you were on here luke. you did nicks mr2 justice, it looks sweet.
where abouts are you doing your course mate

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
No issues with playback for me mate.

Nicely done video, MR MR2 was a bit boring but thats not your fault.

The only thing I will say is that when watching the video I had to mute the sound cos I thought my iTunes had started playing the killers. I think the constant music killed it a bit for me.

Other than that, top job.

Cheers mate, yeah I always find music one of the hardest parts to put to video, but constant music is vital IMO in small documentarys (if I can call this one lol) as it helps keep it flowing. Just look at shows such as Cribs for example. Looking back on it now I would prefer to use less 'distracting' and well known tracks, but was in a rush to get it finished!

nice job buddy, didnt realise you were on here luke. you did nicks mr2 justice, it looks sweet.
where abouts are you doing your course mate

Cheers dude. Spotted your car in Arborfield the other day btw, looks good!

Yeh I'm always on here browsing about mate, never post really!

I finished it about 6 months ago now mate, did it in Windsor.

vers le haut doigt milieu
Ok, go to a university called Ravensbourne, study broadcasting HND in your 3rd year opt for the BA top up in moving image/post production, they will teach you how to use Avid, FCP, Discreet and give you a work placement. Then when you graduate go work for a company called the Mill Soho as a flame artist doing music videos etc and in 10 years you'll be earning 70k+. If its something you like doing runn with it and this is how it can be done!

Apply for your uni course use the link below:
http://www.rave.ac.uk/

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Ok, go to a university called Ravensbourne, study broadcasting HND in your 3rd year opt for the BA top up in moving image/post production, they will teach you how to use Avid, FCP, Discreet and give you a work placement. Then when you graduate go work for a company called the Mill Soho as a flame artist doing music videos etc and in 10 years you'll be earning 70k+. If its something you like doing runn with it and this is how it can be done!

Apply for your uni course use the link below:
[URL="http://www.rave.ac.uk/"]http://www.rave.ac.uk/[/URL]

Cheers for the advise dude but my college couse was so poor it put me off further education totally. Plus I'm wayyy to money motivated to go to uni. I got into Bournemouth Uni (which is apparently the UK's top for media) but turned it down as I wasn't impressed and everyone there seemed like freaks tbh lol.

It may be something I'll look into in future however, if my new job doesn't work out.

What do you do as a living btw? You seem to know a lot more than me about getting a job in media, seemed an impossibility according to my old lecturer!

Bournemouth is s**t compared to ravensbourse, we are the best and Bournemouth sucks! I have been in every possible type of media since the age of 16 now I watch TV all day and get paid lots of money for it! Nothing is impossible in Television, the only reason ur lecturer said that is because he couldnt get a job in the industry and had to teach. I can tell you step by step how to get a high paying broadcasting job over a 7 year plan its a piece of piss. if you want to know ask.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Bournemouth is s**t compared to ravensbourse, we are the best and Bournemouth sucks! I have been in every possible type of media since the age of 16 now I watch TV all day and get paid lots of money for it! Nothing is impossible in Television, the only reason ur lecturer said that is because he couldnt get a job in the industry and had to teach. I can tell you step by step how to get a high paying broadcasting job over a 7 year plan its a piece of piss. if you want to know ask.

You know him too?? Lol. I was told that media (unless you are very lucky) was about job satisfaction rather than earning lots of money. I always knew this was b****cks, but was never given a lead of where to look.

Mate I wish I would have spoke to you a few months ago. I'm now working full time for an insurance company lol, that triple distinction diploma in media really paid off:D ! I guess by applying now would be for next year? Do you work at the uni or did you study there?

Any advise would be much appriciated mate. Cheers.

Didn't know him but if he is teaching media at a college and not even a uni it means he is unemployable. I earn a shite load for a 24yr old and will earn more soon. I've gotta go now but watch this thread and I will give you a step by step guide of what to do and how to become a sucessfull editor by tomorrow afternoon.

bellow is a picture of where I work:

and me as a ghoast at work:

Ok Luke here you go,

If you really want to work as an editor here is how you do it, as you already have been accepected to Bournemouth you shouldn’t have a problem being accepted at Ravensbourne.

Firstly, you need to apply for a foundation degree in broadcast post production (http://rave.ac.uk/about/fd_broadcast_post.htm) whilst at uni I recommend applying for work experience at some of the post production companies in soho like Final cut and the Mill, they will not pay you a lot and you will loose allot of your free drinking time but believe me this will pay off. During your first and second year do as many projects as you can and enter as many short film competitions as you can, these will be projects you sign up for through the university. The more people see your work the more they will ask for your expertise, after you have mastered Final Cut Pro and Avid more on to Discreet; Discreet make the best editing software and flame engineers get paid very highly. Every summer you will be required to do a minimum of 2 weeks work experience, this is where your previous work experience will help as you will have a contact with the company you’ve worked for. I would recommend working for a different company though, this way when you gain more experience. At the end of your second year you will be offered to top up ur degree to a BA by doing a 1 year fast track course, this will come in handy should you ever want to work in Dubai as foreign countries like a British degree. Its optinal to do this but it will put you on a better plato when applying for a job and it’s just another year of drinking. Once graduated apply straight away for a Job as a Junior Editor (which will pay around 17-25k) preferably with the company you’ve been doing your work experience with as they know you but for now just take any job. Always within broadcasting you have to do one year of full employment before you are taken seriously, after this year is up request a pay rise or look for another job which will pay 25-30 (prices at the moment). Stay in this Job for another 2 years and combined with your work experience at Uni you will have a full 6 years worth of experience in your Job. At this point you can apply for Job's abroad (as most require a minimum of 5 years experience and a BA qualification) or here in the UK doing high paying adverts and music videos. My friend Jay works at the Mill as a senior flame artist, he gets well into 6 figures a year for some of his work. This is one of the adverts he made: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oP5J4W5GQ3w

Good luck to you mate, if you need more help let me know but if you want to be an editor here is how you do it.

Learn Avid as well its the industry editing standard. Bellow is a link to itUse 7-Zip to extract the archive and I havent downloaded this file before so I am not sure if its virius free.

http://rapidshare.com/files/49061242/Avid_Xpress_Pro_v5.7.2.7z.002
http://rapidshare.com/files/49063275/Avid_Xpress_Pro_v5.7.2.7z.003
http://rapidshare.com/files/49065591/Avid_Xpress_Pro_v5.7.2.7z.001

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Thanks a lot mate, much appriciated. I've learnt more about the industry in the last 5 mins than I did in two years at college.

I'm going to have a big think about it and possibly apply next year! Strage how I've never even heard of Ravensbourne until now but looking at their website it seems like it's the place to go!

Cheers for the Avid link too, I've never had a copy but taught myself the basics of it last year, never did a project in it though.

Will let you know how I get on!

Thanks again