ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any point to the Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed alot of people go on about the Trophy as if its the best thing since sliced bread, but does any one see it as merely a Clio Sport whats had a few parts stuck on from the Reno spare parts bin!?

V6 spoiler
Turinis with a splash of Anthracite on them
A 1 off colour (wow... the design guys must have been up all night over that 1).
Recaro seats
New suspension

All the stuff mentioned above could have just been added as an option!

Just seems Renault like to fetch these so called limited editions out which in effect just knocks the value of everyones car down!

Lee

BMW M2C
The sachs dampers and setup and Recaros weren't from the parts bin, the other additions obviously were. A lot of time and effort went into the suspension setup on the car. Ragnotti himself spent alot of time pounding around the French hillsides in the car until everyone was happy with the setup.

All manufacturers do it. Honda did it with the CTR etc etc

The Williams was a parts bin special to a degree too. Although that was more an exercise in creative branding. lol

never been in one, but surely a 182 with the sachs (trophy) set up would handle the same, get a set of recaro's too - & bobs your uncle.;)

'sachs dampers and setup'

good luck finding them in the spare part bin!!!
do you realise how many $$$ these babys cost to buy??!!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
never been in one, but surely a 182 with the sachs (trophy) set up would handle the same, get a set of recaro's too - & bobs your uncle.;)

Yes of course it would, but the suspension is £3500 if you can get hold of it, and the seats near £1500. Would be an expensive aftermarket add on ;)

Ok you might not find them in a spare parts bin but uprading to a good set off coilovers and seats isn't exactly breath taking!

The point is it is the best.

Also I doubt many people would have paid the cost of the suspension as an option. The price of the Trophy prob does'nt reflect the cost of its parts/development; its a loss leader for Renault I believe and was a real bargain new.

Lee

BMW M2C
Ok you might not find them in a spare parts bin but uprading to a good set off coilovers and seats isn't exactly breath taking!

It doesn't have coilovers. They have a remote reservoir on the front dampers.

Anyone can slap on a set of coilovers, but very few can set them up correctly.

I had a cup packed 182 before the Trophy, and they are very different. There's a bigger difference between the Cup'd 182 and Trophy than there was between my 172 and 182.

I think they would have been better spending the money on £1000 coilovers an LSD and maybe slight engine tweaking like ECU remap and inlet work to get a genuine 182hp....

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I don't think it would of been an improvment over the 182cup if it was just more power and lsd, they spent the money on the less obvious but more important bits.

ST
If i was tracking my car the way most of the lads on here with 172/cups, 182's etc it would've been a trophy for me but i dont so my FF cup'd 182 does me for everyday use with eibach sportlines on the cup shocks...

There is a lot of point to the trophy as mentioned above, the suspension set up has been tuned to be as balanced as much as possible in a front wheel drive car..

Have you read the review in EVO mate??

I don't think it would of been an improvment over the 182cup if it was just more power and lsd, they spent the money on the less obvious but more important bits.

Dont forget It would have had its fancy new wheels, seats, spoiler and 1 off colour!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If power's that important, don't buy a 182! Trophy dampers do make a big diff, feels v. diff to 182 cup.

ST
If i was tracking my car the way most of the lads on here with 172/cups, 182's etc do it would've been a trophy for me but i dont so my FF cup'd 182 does with eibach sportlines on the cup shocks does me fine for everyday use and the occasional back road thrash...

There is a lot of point to the trophy as mentioned above, the suspension set up has been tuned to be as balanced as much as possible in a front wheel drive car..

Have you read the review in EVO mate??

The Trophy is pointless, if you don't have one and convince yourself it's pointless because secretly you want one but can't justify the expense of upgrading.

So pointless in one sense, but far from pointless if you're in the market for a Renaultsport Clio. Everyone on this forum would swap to a Trophy given the chance free of charge.

Yes of course it would, but the suspension is £3500 if you can get hold of it, and the seats near £1500. Would be an expensive aftermarket add on ;)

Blimey 3.5k for suspension :eek: plus 1.5k for the seats, forget that idea !
- are they actual renault prices ? as they are a joke.

Lee

BMW M2C

Blimey 3.5k for suspension :eek: plus 1.5k for the seats, forget that idea !
- are they actual renault prices ? as they are a joke.

Both items are were bought in by Renault, so I'd guess the pricing reflects what Renault had to pay for them.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
It's the bargain of the century, according to barrnaud vp renault motorsport.

The suspension is "as good as it gets for road use, they lost money on the cars due to specs"

@ RWS he wandered over & told some of us the trophy story!!!!!!!!!!

you "could" put the extras on the 182.... but at the end of the day it will never BE a Trophy!

you are buying exclusivity!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
How much you pay for your Trophies if you dont mind me asking! Did you get them brand new?

Got mine with 4,000 miles on the clock for just over 10K but it was a bargain as the owner was leaving country.

you "could" put the extras on the 182.... but at the end of the day it will never BE a Trophy!

That makes me laugh... your exclusive because you drive around in a Clio! HAHAHA Renault pulled the wool over your eyes!

Same with a mate of mine, not even sure what so called limited edition Subaru he has but to me it just looked like another Subaru. :rolleyes:

Lee

BMW M2C

That makes me laugh... your exclusive because you drive around in a Clio! HAHAHA Renault pulled the wool over your eyes!

Same with a mate of mine, not even sure what so called limited edition Subaru he has but to me it just looked like another Subaru. :rolleyes:

Not really up on your cars then?

I'd laugh if he had a 22b. lol

I had my Trophy brand new, paid £12,400.

Maybe you just don't know what your talking about.

ST
I'd sooner drive a clio than an Italian heap of sh1te!!

They are known to break a lot, they are also getting on a bit now too...

Its a Fiat to start with, then you put a turbo on there, lets not be silly now..

Stop diggin Clios...this is ClioSport...not 'come on and slate Clios because i'm down grading to a Italian heap and i feel bitter about.net'

Status
Not open for further replies.