ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any point to the Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
exactly, the coop well be fine for 1/4 mile drags etc, but rank on a track/being thrown round corners. Imo striaghtline power gets boring quickly

182 Cup & Alpina B2.5
Seems there's alot differences of opinions. I bought my cupped 182 brand new in July last year, i'd seen but not driven the 'Trophy', my reason for not choosing the 'Trophy' were admittedly not liking the colour, then apart from the front 'Recaro' seats, the rest of the interior had gone down-market, thats not to say it may not handle better than my version. My ideal Clio would be as I ordered it, then eventually fitting the 'Sachs' dampers.:approve:

LY V6 with Recaros
As much as I love the trophy, I had the choice between that and the ff 182 when I was looking last year, and as close as I was to actually getting the trophy, I wanted it in racing blue, and the extra toys as my previous car had nothing! I think it just depends on what you want out of your car! :)

182 Trophy
I can't understand why people prefer to have the extra toys which the FF 182 offered, to me there just a waste of time. You get so much more for your money with a trophy. The back seat argument always makes me laugh. To many people are bothered about what their 182 looks like and not what it was built for.

If/when I order a 197 the only option worth taking at present are the Recaro's.

Astra VXR 17/05/07
FF extra toys might seem like a waste of time to some people. But not others, Deb is an example of that and i went to look at the Trophy with every intention of swapping if i really wanted one, i didn't.

The extra toys on my FF 182 get used all of the time. How often does the average owner use a Trophy to it's full potential ? If you are into track day's or live out in the sticks and drive everywhere like the Stig then I'm sure the Trophy is great. But for your Joe average under normal driving circumstances then the 182 with it's extra toys that get used all of the time is a good option.

Horses for courses, the Trophy set up is not a waste of time if its being used, likewise the extra toys on the 182 FF.

LY V6 with Recaros
^^ Yep, I'm not taking the car round a track, so to be honest, the trophy would probably be wasted on me. People who have the trophy seem to think that anyone who says they don't want one is jealous because they don't own one themselves, but I had the choice, and went for the one to suit me :p

RenaultSport clio 182
hi i have a FF 182 and have fitted second hand genuine trophy suspension i brought the car brand new last year and i also had the choice of the trophy and test drove one before picking the ff 182 but
like funkyjahooner i too like my extra toys

M

M7CUO_V6

What extra toys does a ff have over a trophy?

Climate and zenons...

182 Trophy
I would not think that a 182FF owner is jealous, at the end of the day the 2 cars cost the same price so as you say you make your choice dependant on how good your vision is at night.

hi i have a FF 182 and have fitted second hand genuine trophy suspension i brought the car brand new last year and i also had the choice of the trophy and test drove one before picking the ff 182 but
like funkyjahooner i too like my extra toys

Interesting.....

Where did the second hand suspension come from? A written off Trophy?

M

M7CUO_V6

I would not think that a 182FF owner is jealous, at the end of the day the 2 cars cost the same price so as you say you make your choice dependant on how good your vision is at night.

lol

you "could" put the extras on the 182.... but at the end of the day it will never BE a Trophy!

you are buying exclusivity!

That makes me laugh... your exclusive because you drive around in a Clio! HAHAHA Renault pulled the wool over your eyes!

Same with a mate of mine, not even sure what so called limited edition Subaru he has but to me it just looked like another Subaru. :rolleyes:

you have mates? :eek:

LY V6 with Recaros

I made my choice dependent on my vision in the daytime thanks, that's why I chose the racing blue instead of the red :p :D

Gaz, you have 'Fiat coupe 20v' listed as your car and you admit you've never owned one!

You ask the 'point' of the Trophy and antagonise those with the respect to answer and you write inane rubbish about anything you choose.

Do you own a car 'Gaz'?

Have you ever owned a car?

Are you 12?

LOL @ how people get a stiffy over xenons. The only advantage is that they look good, although you can get the same white light look with 'xenon' bulbs anyway. The main beam is still a yellow bulb, so it's not as if the vision is improved where you need it i.e. blatting down a country lane at night. Infact, it's been said before that the standard lamps actually light up further ahead than the xenons...

I have a full set of xenon style bulbs in my Cup, they look the b****cks and give off a nice white light. £40. Sorted. The only other benefit of the FF over a Trophy is climate control IMO. As for the back bench, unless you have mates or relatives with no legs, then who's ever going to use it? Yeah sure, hop in. There's a hacksaw in the glove box, just pop your legs in the boot.

What extra toys does a ff have over a trophy?

Climate and zenons...

iirc also auto wipers, and auto lights.

I really liked the trophy, after Nik took me out in his, and if i get another clio it will have to be a trophy.:D

Good point, although I personally always have my lights on anyway. Oh and I have fingers ;)

All nice gadgets to have as a luxury, but they don't do anything to improve the driver involvement when making quick progress. The Trophys' chassis setup does. Ergo it has a point.

Also, if the Trophy has no point because you can add coilovers et al to any 182 - what's the point in adding those things? Surely they're just add-ons? :clown:

Taken to the extreme, surely the 182 is just a 1.2 Clio with a few add-ons? Pointless? Nah...

Sinclair C5
Also, if the Trophy has no point because you can add coilovers et al to any 182 - what's the point in adding those things? Surely they're just add-ons? :clown:

Taken to the extreme, surely the 182 is just a 1.2 Clio with a few add-ons? Pointless? Nah...

Or maybe the 1.2 Clio is a 182 with bits taken off?

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
I have to admit that I have trophy envy because they are holding there value so well! I had the choice of either a trophy or a ff cuped and recaro'd. The only thing that put me off the trophy was the colour. Black gold is such a pain to keep clean. :(

Last edited:

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
you "could" put the extras on the 182.... but at the end of the day it will never BE a Trophy!

you are buying exclusivity!

That makes me laugh... your exclusive because you drive around in a Clio! HAHAHA Renault pulled the wool over your eyes!

Same with a mate of mine, not even sure what so called limited edition Subaru he has but to me it just looked like another Subaru. :rolleyes:

Your either stupid or you're on drugs.....:quiet:

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
i cant see your problem...the trophy is the final evo of that shape clio sports.
It is the pinacle of the 2L clios.
Wots the point of Fiat Coupe20vt?

Its one of the fastest front wheel drive car's (in a straight line)
The engine sounds amazing
Very rare Car
Very tunable
Unique Styling

:boring:

Very rare becaus eno-one bought it!!!! not because it was limited to 550 examples worldwide, knob.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
third post on this subject because it still amazes me that people come up with this giberish. The 182 FF is a great hatchback, the Trophy is a Great hatchback. If your not bothered about better handling and are mainly going to be driving round town and on motorways, you aint going to buy a Trophy over a FF (not taking depreciation into account).

But if your after the best handling hot hatch you go for Trophy, yes it's a slightly harder ride, yes it doesn't have the toys that make the FF slighly heavier, that's because it's a different model. Like the Zonda and Zonda F, is the F pointless?

To say it's a FF with add on's is nonesence, their the same engine, base chassis and they share most parts. That's where it ends, the handling is different - noticable so, even to muppets that can't drive. I share the same parts as Darren Campbell, doesn't mean I can run the 100 metres in sub 10 seconds.....

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
third post on this subject because it still amazes me that people come up with this giberish. The 182 FF is a great hatchback, the Trophy is a Great hatchback. If your not bothered about better handling and are mainly going to be driving round town and on motorways, you aint going to buy a Trophy over a FF (not taking depreciation into account).

But if your after the best handling hot hatch you go for Trophy, yes it's a slightly harder ride, yes it doesn't have the toys that make the FF slighly heavier, that's because it's a different model. Like the Zonda and Zonda F, is the F pointless?

To say it's a FF with add on's is nonesence, their the same engine, base chassis and they share most parts. That's where it ends, the handling is different - noticable so, even to muppets that can't drive. I share the same parts as Darren Campbell, doesn't mean I can run the 100 metres in sub 10 seconds.....

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP

Stop all this arguing and just admit that the 172CUP is the daddy of all the CLIO'S.;)

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
i'm going to start a new thread.... "Any point in Renault Sport models".... oh wait that's a useless thread as we know the answer. hmmn

i'm going to start a new thread.... "Any point in Renault Sport models".... oh wait that's a useless thread as we know the answer. hmmn

This coming from the person who just bursts on to the thread with random pointless insults!?

This thread has cleared a few things up for me, so I wouldn't put it down as pointless, although I'm starting to wish I hadn't started the thread from alot of peoples over the top reactions! :dapprove:

Status
Not open for further replies.