ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any tips for getting those annoying torx screws off the engine cover

Monaco Blue 172
there's two left and i'm probably seconds away from rounding them completely :rolleyes:

how easy is it to snap the engine cover off anyway? might be my only option the way things are going...

whose genius idea was it to put the brake fluid reservoir in a completely inaccessible place :mad:

Monaco Blue 172
i'm using the screwdriver that came with the spare wheel kit

but i also have a set of various sizes torx

these are always a b*****d to get off :(

172 Credit crunch edition
I was going to suggest using a persauder but yep good lad!!!! If it dont work break it!

Monaco Blue 172
really? i didn't even try those i figured they'd just spin around...

anybody happen to know what size thread these bolts are? want to replace them with NORMAL hexi to avoid this kind of pants in future...

Monaco 37/468
They put these stupid f**king things on to hold the discs in place, they are absolutely shite as when they corrode they simply round off. Countersunk screws always corrode into place....b******s

Monaco Blue 172
They put these stupid f**king things on to hold the discs in place, they are absolutely s**te as when they corrode they simply round off. Countersunk screws always corrode into place....b*****ds
i feel your pain... luckily am not changing discs just now (well i hope not anyway) whoever invented torx should have been smothered at birth imo ;)

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
you should of put the torx key in tapped it with a hammer then twisted it lose you wont round them that way

lol, dare I say it, but women and tools are dangerous! ;)

No offence Jooliona. At least you can navigate unlike me!!

Leave the cover off, it's a weight saving measure and has no purpose.

Clio 182
One off mine got stuck and no amount of impact driver, wd40, heat, swearing would get rid of it so i got out my trusty drill :approve: no damage done to cover and rest of screw came out of the head nice and easy!

Monaco Blue 172

hey i am an engineer by trade i have no problem using tools... except when somebody else has tightened the bolts! ;)

hey i am an engineer by trade i have no problem using tools... except when somebody else has tightened the bolts! ;)

LOL, nah I know what you're on about. Mine siezed up before, took an age to get them out.