ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any tips on polishing car

clio 182 cup
i woke up this morning sun was shining, so i thought i will wash and wax the CAR. went to the shed and found some MER which i bought about a year ago.. i read the instuctions and followed them as best i could. well what happened next i could hardly believe. as i said earlier i read and followed the instuctions it said put on small area at a time and buff off when it dries to a white powder. I thought NO , i will cover the whole car first then buff it off. BIG MISTAKE. It took me 3 hours to remove it,
There must be an easier way to polish your car. any tips would be usefull.
what polish would get me great results.

RB 182
Ditch the Mer and use something Like Autoglrm Super Resin Polish much easier to use and you will get far better results.

It's A Reno
Don't use s*t polish.

Autoglym polish, then extra gloss protection evry 2 weeks. Luvly!

106 GTi
Panel at a time for polishing, no real need to let polishes cure and in some case you should not, straight on and off.

Sealants and waxes you can do the whole car if you so desire.

106 GTi
EGP should last a few months if you build a few layers up.

Should be no need to polish a car every few weeks, even I only polish mine a few times a year!

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Panel at a time for polishing, no real need to let polishes cure and in some case you should not, straight on and off.

Sealants and waxes you can do the whole car if you so desire.

So is Super Resin Polish ..straight on and off or do you leave it to cure :S

106 GTi
Yes for the Super Resin - Panel at a time, work it the polish on the panel and remove.

There is no need or benifits to leaving it on moving panel to panel and do the rest of the car and remove at once. In fact doing that makes removal harder.

The Extra Gloss Sealant needs to be applied to the whole car and left to cure for 30-60 mins +

182 Trophy
Sorry don't mean to hijack thread but what should precede the resin polish? I've just bough a Meguiar's Lambs wool mitt but not sure which shampoo etc to get...

106 GTi
Sorry don't mean to hijack thread but what should precede the resin polish? I've just bough a Meguiar's Lambs wool mitt but not sure which shampoo etc to get...

Wash
(Dry)
Clay if needed
Swirl and defect removal with a more aggressive polish if needed.
Then onto the Super Resin.

Shampoos wise - I like Sonax Gloss, CG Wash and Wax, Duragloss or Einzett Perls on my 182.

One my daily car I use Meguiars Shampoo Plus or Hyper Wash as its available i bulk and cheaply.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
i've had problems in the past. using just general car wax, put it on my bonnet, then when i removed it, it culminated small white remnants of the wax, which looked awful, and these got stuck everywhere!
Lesson learned...don't leave the wax on for too long!

RB 182
i've had problems in the past. using just general car wax, put it on my bonnet, then when i removed it, it culminated small white remnants of the wax, which looked awful, and these got stuck everywhere!
Sounds like you put too much on, you only need a thin layer on.

106 GTi
Sounds like you put too much on, you only need a thin layer on.

Indeed - Anything you take off is just wasted product