ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any way to fix ?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Hey.
I have a knocking when pulling away and stopping. I got under the car and checked all the bits and bobs I have changed and I found that the wishbone bush metal sleeve on one has broken it's welds.
these are the powerflex ones old style.

I was wondering if there is any way to fix this without having to dismantle the whole wishbone setup. Just had the tracking done and if I do that I will have to redo it!

Please see the pic. You will see what I mean as the rust on the sleeve shows its moved.

Attachments

• 20150425_144443.jpg
    20150425_144443.jpg
    819.1 KB · Views: 74
  R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Sigh.
will get some of the black powerflex ones then.
and redo them all

It's not all doom and gloom really, they're press fitted into the wishbone and it's not unheard of that they move... Some guys put a tack weld on the bush after fitting to keep it from moving... Not with the rubber in tho as that will melt it..

I actually think your tracking will be fine... The movement back and forth would affect your caster I'd have thought...

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
These were tacked into place, looks like a pot hole may have knocked this one loose.
The bush itself hasn't moved as the thicker side is stopping it. But the sleeve has moved which is annoying as it was a pain to fit in the first place.

I have a knocking coming from that ares, so I'm presuming it's that causing it. I will buy the new tyre powerflex and when I can I will replace them.

To be honest no I didn't feel any difference, I only fitted them as I wanted to fit cup wishbones. Which in hind site was kinda pointless.

Ok good to know.
You can buy a new pair of genuine Renault cup wishbones on eBay for £100 delivered or powerflex black for 55p more would be nice to know if there worth it.

They are the cup ones you can tell buy the angle of the outer ball joint holes + the part numbers.
Be interesting to know how they compare to standard.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Well I'm happy to know they are the Cup ones. I bet I wont feel a difference though.

I also placed an order for a fresh pair of ball joints. No point in using the old ones.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
New Wishbones are currently half way on their trip. Just went through Austria.
Only 2 more days till they arrive :D