ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any wheel bearing renewal tips

Gone to tackle new front wheel bearings as soon as I get a chance, I know to get them pressed out/in the hubs rather than bash them out/in. Ive done ball joints on front before so have stripped a little front end, but not removed hubs, anybody done this, is there any hasslesome parts (i.e guaranteed siezed bolts etc), thanks for any pointers

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

There are several tools required to replace a wheel bearing. The main one being a hydraulic press. Unless you have access to a press I wouldnt try this at home!

If you want to do some of it yourself - you can.

Undo the 30mm driveshaft nut.(Easier to undo with the wheel on the ground. Jack up the car. Remove the wheel, the caliper, the caliper holder, the disc. Undo the 2 bolts holding the shock to the stub axle. Push the driveshaft through the driveflange (NOT EASY). Remove the bottom ball joint picnhbolt. Remove the stub axle.

Take the whole assembly to a garage with a press and ask them to separate the driveflange and press out / press in the new bearing.

Refit in reverse order.

This is only a guide and I take no responsibilty if things go T!Ts up.

Bob RTE

Williams 2, STi N12

Might wanna use a bearing puller and use it to press out the axle from the swivel hub, can be gits to get off.

I was thinking driveshaft and hub are going to be a pain to seperate, since they probably aint been apart before, and I have a paranoia about poping driveshaft out of gearbox by accident while I am screwing around with outer part, will have a go the morrow, see how I get on