ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ANybody seriously regret not having

Mini Cooper S sport

Ill never have another car without air-con - was driving home today with it on maximum refrigeration with the air recycling...LOOOVELY. The only problem is when you have to get out :cry:.

I hope we get some thunder in Hampshire!

Neither of my cars have A/C however since Ive not driven either today Im not bothered.

Infact Im glad they dont as new air con condensors are more expensive than radiators to replace and Ive been though a few radiators.

id never have another car without aircon. was 36 degrees at one point today got out of the car and almost died, lol. Certainly dont miss sitting in my gtturbo getting boiled in the summer.

VaVa

I was loving my CC today. A friend of mine said he wouldnt pay for it on his CTR as he couldnt justify it for the few hot days we have here. I saw him today and he said " I should have got it, it would have paid for itself this weekend alone". He has a black CTR..... it was that hot inside Im surprised the dash didnt melt.

Plus we (excluding 172 cup owners) have UV reflective windscreens.

And saying its OK at 80 mph on with the windows down is fine, but try being stuck in traffic on the M6.... having the windows down doesnt do much!!

Lack of heat reflective windshield makes a suprising difference, the Cup and Dynamique were both out on the drive today, the temp in the Cup felt considerably higher and steering wheel was hotter.

I dont even use the manual air thing in my Cup, windows seem to do the job fine as long as its not one of those annoying hot and wet days or Im stuck in traffic! Im going to Tunisia for a couple of weeks in August so I need the practice anyway :cool:

Alfa Mito 155TB

I had my aircon on today, on the coldest setting, fans on near full and recirculating button on....it was fr fr freezing but fantastic for ordering two McFlurries from Mcdonalds...

Got home with then 10 mins later and they had hardly melted :)

Hot days with aircon is delightful !!!

Suzuki SV650

My aircon stopped pumping out cold air sometime early last week, carelessly didnt know about this weekends heatwave and ended up almost dying whenever I got into my car after its been parked in the sun. Now I have to have the windows down and listen to my ever-so-slightly-blowing-exhaust :cry:

silver valver/hybrid

we went from the west midlands to brighton and back again in a fiat bravo with no aircon, even with the windows open at 80mph its still too hot! i have aircon in the van, and i love it! shame i aint got it in the valver. luckily it spends most of the day in the shade on the driveway.

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by Freebone on 19 June 2005

open the windows and get your heads out you pansies....

doing it for the old school..............

LMAO!

Absolute Quality

Im with you on that one Neil! :D

Although driving my dads car with air con today was nice!

But one for the old school! :cool:

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 20 June 2005

does the 182cup have A/C ?

yup

whats the difference between my 172s climate and the A/C twisty knob ?

Climate has auto plus you set it at a temp rather than guessing. Benefit of auto is it will maintain the temp you set, will either increase or decrease the fan speed turn the compressor on or off to get to the desired temp and keep it. A/C you basically have to switch it on or off adjust the temp or fan speed as required.

The Jinx

Aircon = gay (plus it dries my contacts out and gives me a headache)

Windows down, sunroof back, rear 1/4s open = cool as fvck

DC5

That is my biggest regret about choosing a 172 Cup. NO AIR CON! I dont really care about the other luxuries, but I need air con. I forgot how hot it can get when driving after my last 2 cars had climate control. I didnt have the Clio last summer, and didnt think I would miss air con as much as I am. So much Im even considering changing my car!

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Pah.... air con smair con! Drive there quicker..... hence why the 182s need it, cant handle a decent pace like the Cups

:p

JK!!!!! before WW3 happens!

Lee

BMW M2C

For ages I thought Id happily live without it, then the last few days Ive been so glad to have it.

Theres no way you can go blatting down the motorway with the window wide open, also driving in Birmingham with your window wide open isnt a good idea in some areas.

Yesterday it chucked it down but was still really hot, I couldnt open the window then.

Even though its rare I do ever use it, I wouldnt want to be without it.

Mini Cooper S sport

I moved my car at work today, and noticed a short trail of water on the ground - would that be from the air con? Is that normal? The screenwash isnt leaking.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Metallic Black on 20 June 2005
I moved my car at work today, and noticed a short trail of water on the ground - would that be from the air con? Is that normal? The screenwash isnt leaking.

Mine seems to all collect somewhere as when I got it out the garage the other day there was loads. It must have been water as it was clear and had no smell to it. Plus my damper has now leaked dry. lol

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by derv on 20 June 2005

yeah thats probably the air con, my van regularly pisses itself!
LOL! Never thought of it like that .. glad its supposed to do that then!

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 20 June 2005
A/C is for girls, my windows are my air con, if i get hot i just go faster

Try that in Birmingham.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 20 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Metallic Black on 20 June 2005

I have seen this on the 172 many times until an air-con engineer who works with fridges in supermarkets and stuff told me to swith it off about 2-3mins before you get where your going.This clears the pipes and stops the water,but it wont hurt i was told.Its just a build up in the pies from turning it off straight away with the engine

ian

Mine seems to all collect somewhere as when I got it out the garage the other day there was loads. It must have been water as it was clear and had no smell to it. Plus my damper has now leaked dry. lol