ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone bought a spare wheel for a 182..space saver maybe?

Black/Gold 182
I was thinking of getting some kind of spare wheel for my 182 for longer journeys (not sure I want to rely on the repair foam). A full anthracite alloy + tyre is kind of expensive (and bulky) and wondered if anyone else has bought a spare, maybe a space saver? If so, where did you get it and how much did you pay? Presume I'd need to get the right size (how do I find that out - is it just based on the normal wheel/tyre size?).

106 GTi
Ended up getting a full size spare for mine, as a friend works for Renualt so it was not to bad with discount. As you say its bulky and takes up a fair bit of boot, so some kind of space saver would be much more handy.

RS Clio 200
I've got a 172 Cup - I went to a local wreckers and bought a brand new steel spare (from an 04 standard Clio) for 25 quid. The tyre (Continental) still had the stickers on the tread.

Black/Gold 182
I think I'd rather have a space saver so I can have it in the car always - just dunno if/where I could get one for a 182.

Cam

182 Cup
Im sure someone has got an old rover space saver in their boot. I remember reading a while back but cant remember who.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
that would be me ^^^^^^
but the only problem you have is the centre bore needs machining out to a larger diametre, it's about 3mm smaller .
the wheel/tyre was off a rover 200/400 and had the right PCD and it's only about 3mm smaller diametre that the std alloy/tyre.
only paid £10 for mine off e-bay and it now lives in the boot and doe'nt take up to much space
hope that helps

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
nickc said:
I've got a 172 Cup - I went to a local wreckers and bought a brand new steel spare (from an 04 standard Clio) for 25 quid. The tyre (Continental) still had the stickers on the tread.

exactly what i did too.

Black/Gold 182
M.C.. said:
that would be me ^^^^^^
but the only problem you have is the centre bore needs machining out to a larger diametre, it's about 3mm smaller .
the wheel/tyre was off a rover 200/400 and had the right PCD and it's only about 3mm smaller diametre that the std alloy/tyre.
only paid £10 for mine off e-bay and it now lives in the boot and doe'nt take up to much space
hope that helps

excuse my ignorance, what's "PCD"?

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
i spoke to renault about getting a spare for the 182, Thier reply was i only had one option and that was to get a an additional alloy. They said this was because of the size of a steel/space saver would have problems clearing the discs and it could/would (can't remember exactly) cause problems with the balance of the car. If another option was avaliable they said, it would be listed.

VRS
I did the same as omar and just but a 182 full sizer, bought it off zippy off here for bout 120 notes with fook all miles on it and an as new wheel! i put it in the boot for long journeys and keep it as a back up in case any of my wheels see any curbage

Antz182 said:
i spoke to renault about getting a spare for the 182, Thier reply was i only had one option and that was to get a an additional alloy. They said this was because of the size of a steel/space saver would have problems clearing the discs and it could/would (can't remember exactly) cause problems with the balance of the car. If another option was avaliable they said, it would be listed.
Thats not a problem, whilst you do need a 15 inch disk to ensure you get round the front disks you can always (as the CTR driver have to do) is put a 14' on the back and one of the back ones on the front if you have a puncture of the front tyre.
You can use any CLio wheel I'd say a idential replacment is the best option but there no issue using a 14 inch wheel so long as you don't hammer it realy. A problem might occcur however if the abs detects the spare rotating at a different speed od the easy option is to disconnect one of the abs sensors it will throw a warning light and you loose abs but still you can get home and drive around just be more careful.

Maz

LY 200
Being Female... I wouldn't know how to change a wheel so the foam will do just fine for me, lol

A4 Avant & A3
i'm in need of finding something for the cup too, for long journeys. Keeping my eye out for a single turini for the boot...

Cam

182 Cup
So if anyones got a full set why dont they sell them as one each for the people who need them! makes sense and would probably get more cash back.

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172
I've got a dynamique with 16" Turinis fitted, need a spare tyre for in the boot. So if I bought another Turini with a tyre would this fit exactly as my spare wheel well is originally for a 15" dynamique wheel?