ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone done an MCSE Boot Camp?

dk

911 GTS Cab
I need to get my MCSE for work, done the first course and exam for somehting else but i need the other 6.

My boss wants me to do a boot camp which is about 3 weeks and i have the option of oxfordshire or Goa.

The Goa option is the cheaper option but it sounds pretty hardcore, anyone done one before, got any advice?

would be going to Goa or the Himalaya's with this company on their one2one 20 day course which is 4k for everything excluding flights, 5* accommodation

http://www.koenig-solutions.com/

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
Is the one in oxfordshire with Training camp by any chance? I did my Sun Certified Systems Administrator Course there and passed with flying colours...ts boring as hell, but if you go in he summer its lovely countryside, and there is a pool and a gym.......

dk

911 GTS Cab
Is the one in oxfordshire with Training camp by any chance? I did my Sun Certified Systems Administrator Course there and passed with flying colours...ts boring as hell, but if you go in he summer its lovely countryside, and there is a pool and a gym.......
yes it is.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Got any jobs Dave?

You always seem to be off on a jolly somewhere!
lol, Softcat are always recruiting.

As for a jolly, its far from it, it might be in a nice location but its not a holiday, supposedly to pass the exams you need to spend ALL night revising and going over the material and the only reasons to choose the location are that its cheap, one on one tuition and becuase you are where youa re you aren't going to be surfing CS or watching big brother but working hard etc.

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
I would really recommend training camp then...its a nice location but there really is nothing else to do other than revise... Nothing worse than going somewhere exotic and not being able to enjoy it!! Specially having to put up with long flights also!

dk

911 GTS Cab
what sort of size was the class, something i liked the idea of with koenig was the one2one tuition meaning you could go at your own pace, nothing worse than a course running too fast or too slow for your learning style.

thanks

Fabia vRS
i am doing mcse at the moment and my company have paid for online tuition for us, along with buying me all the books too.

the problem is, i am so lazy and haven't even taken the first exam yet because i haven't had time to read the books or look at the online lessons.

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
what sort of size was the class, something i liked the idea of with koenig was the one2one tuition meaning you could go at your own pace, nothing worse than a course running too fast or too slow for your learning style.

thanks

I cant comment on the MCSE, but my Sun course had 1 tutor and 4 students. The tutor was someone who actually teachs at Sun, so you get good tuition.....

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I did a 5 day Red Hat Certified Technician course.. that was enough for me 20 days constant is too long !

dk

911 GTS Cab
I did a 5 day Red Hat Certified Technician course.. that was enough for me 20 days constant is too long !
thats what worries me, thats why i might have to do it abroad as i just couldn't stay in the uk for 20 days doing a course, i would escape......

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
You got to think of it in terms of effort in vs. rewards. I know that most employers look for an mcse/mcsa so if you have one your already one step ahead of the competition.. and you will get a better salary through it aswell.

Personally I would bite the bullet and do it.. do the one abroad as that gets you away, probably less distractions too.

There will be alot to take in for a full MCSE. Doubt id remember everything if I crammed it in all at once. Would it not be better splitting it up over a few 2/3 day courses over a few weeks/months?

Fiesta ST
I'm taking mine one week a month atm - I've passed 3 out of the 5 exams so far - got 1 week left (next week) then two final exams.

R

rich[182]

Hats off to anyone doing a bootcamp, you got balls of steel
I'm revising every spare minute for my final Cisco CCNP exam, can't imagine cramming all that info in such a short space of time, my heads fried as it is !

dk

911 GTS Cab
There will be alot to take in for a full MCSE. Doubt id remember everything if I crammed it in all at once. Would it not be better splitting it up over a few 2/3 day courses over a few weeks/months?
i need it in 6 months and I have 36 days of courses plus 7 exams if i don't do the bootcamp, plus as the courses only run a few times a year, getting it all in in the right order and with sufficient time between each is very difficult when you have a timescale like I do.

I really just have to get on it and get it done. One of the good things is that if you fail an exam you can attend the training you need as many times as needed after the bootcamp until you pass, just need to pay for the exam.

This is a plus side for oxford as i can keep going back if necessary, india is a little more difficult in that respect!

If I do it it looks like it will now be oxford as they have offered a couple of grand off for our company as we buy training for customers from them.

They are pretty much the same cost now so I need ot jsutify a trip to india now without making it look like i want a free holiday which I know it won't be but people will assume that.

Polo GTi
I did my MCSE in 1 lot was hell of a lot better that way, all the exams passed over a 2 week period, of course I did plenty of revision before hand adn they supplied a lot of reading materials

Black 172
I spent 6 months doing my MCSE, with on-the-job experience too. It's not worth rushing it as contains a wealth of information with which only lots of time deserves to be spent on it.