ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone fitted a strutbrace to a 1.4 clio

Just ordered an OMP strutbrace for my phase 3 RT.

Looking under the bonnet Im gonna have to drill some holes to mount it.

Can anybody give me some advice on the best way to do this/what size srews to use etc.

Also are the srews likely to come with the strutbrace or will I have to buy them seperately?

Thanks for any advice.

hi there ben...im from singapore...driving a 1.4 16v too...they are not badged as RT or RXE models over here any more for the phase3...

was trying to look for an omp strut brace here but unable to find it...how much are you paying for your brace in UK? if i would to order over the net, it would be rather steep due to the freight costs...

please advise.

BMW 320d Sport

With OMP you get the screws, I seem to remember theyre about a 5 or 6 mm, but cant be sure. Theyre just self tappers so the whole job can be done from the engine bay, no mucking about inside the suspension turrets.

Cheers Nick.

By the way Konahead, I think my Clio is a different model to yours. Mine is an 8 valve.

When I said phase 3 I didnt mean the latest shape clio, or the one before that.

Mine was the last shape Renault did before they brought out the 172. (If that helps)

Cheers