ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got a Canon 7d?

You don't need IS (it won't help) you need a tripod if you're using a zoom lens

Done some video with a 50mm and it's fine. Awesome with a 28mm

Anything at a distance really needs to be tripodded

dk

911 GTS Cab
'IS' DOES help, i just swapped from my 24-70 to the 17-55 and it made a MASSIVE difference on camera shake, its pretty impossible to hand hold a non-IS lens, whereas its very easy to if it has it.

Tripod is not how i work, you don't take a tripod out with you for a day out, you need something which will work handheld, i'm not making an advert.....

My sony compact does 1080i video with IS, and it does it with auto tracking focus, i'm struggling to understand how they can't make a £1100 camera do the same.

Oil Burner
You obviously haven't taken any shots at cadwell park or at the WRC

The cars virtually run over your toes lol

Clearly not...

1092198607_5WdcA-M-1.jpg

1092200512_thxkr-M-1.jpg

ITB BG 182
'IS' DOES help, i just swapped from my 24-70 to the 17-55 and it made a MASSIVE difference on camera shake, its pretty impossible to hand hold a non-IS lens, whereas its very easy to if it has it.

Tripod is not how i work, you don't take a tripod out with you for a day out, you need something which will work handheld, i'm not making an advert.....

My sony compact does 1080i video with IS, and it does it with auto tracking focus, i'm struggling to understand how they can't make a £1100 camera do the same.
I find the video with IS on the 7d is great, even better if you have it on a pod, i usually take a light weight monopod. A simple MMC3-01 is good enough, can be had for £10. If you have a small ish bag for the camera there should be little side strips that will hold the pod and you'll hardly notice its there.