ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone raced a TT225

BMW X5, Exige 260.

These crimper specials i would have thought to be within range of 172/cups for a bit of baiting....at least give em a good run for the money if not actually beat em? yet to have a duel with one only had the car a week. Its always more fun taking on supposedly better cars, you cant lose really - if they trounce you youve got a ready made excuse!

I had a little run in with one last weekend he was behind me and we both booted it to 100 + , he might have been catching me very slowly but nothing amazing. We then came to a nice sweeping left hander where I pulled out a couple of car lengths on him. Was amazed to see the twin pipes on the back . The TT 180s are lame!

Golf GTI Ed30

I love it when you get one of these wanting some action. Ive had countless duals with these Stavross mobiles, and everytime im backing off big time off there back bumper. Especially top end. Not raced one of the lights yet. That would be more of a challenge, with the four wheel drive coming into play. You boys in your Cups should be no different in my opinon. 172s should hold there own too.

Ive raced three TT 225s recently and its been too close to call: I beat one off the line all the way to 90mph (suspect fluffed gearchange as he lost a car length as we both changed into 2nd), and the other two were inconclusive - they were leaving me at 50mph, but I reeled them back in by 80mph.

Their power to weight is about 160bhp/ton I think? Easily in the ballpark for a hot hatch carrying 160+bhp per ton like the 172/Willy/Cup & my tuned Valver, once youre rolling and the traction benefit of 4WD is all but gone. Id say that the Fiat Coupe I encountered was definitely faster.

But they will respond well to simple mods. I suspect that the discerning driver would be looking elsewhere though.

Lol......thats a shame. Youll never really know when youve beaten a proper 225. I have to say I really dont like these motors very much, a bit like the new Mini and new Beetle...only driven by women / vain people. ( flame suit on )

Quote: Originally posted by Rallye-King on 19 April 2003

Lol......thats a shame. Youll never really know when youve beaten a proper 225. I have to say I really dont like these motors very much, a bit like the new Mini and new Beetle...only driven by women / vain people. ( flame suit on )
I will agree with you about the TT, they are a lame attempt at a sports coupe, but audi did there job right, cause they sold thousands. I would have thought that a cup would just be able to hold on to the tail pipes of a 225bhp, i raced one in the scoob and was suprised that it didnt dissapear as quick as i thought it would. Not raced one in my new car yet though !

My girlfriend used to have a bettle, 2.0 and it was the worse car i have ever driven, and i have driven a few, beleive me, she sold it after 6 months, it was sh*t, anyway, she bought a mini cooper, which is a fashion car, granted, but unlike the bettle and the TT, it is a bloody good car to drive, as entaining, if not more so to drive than my old 106 gti !

cheers jonathan

P.S - up tha TOON !

Quote: Originally posted by Jonto on 19 April 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Rallye-King on 19 April 2003

I will agree with you about the TT, they are a lame attempt at a sports coupe, but audi did there job right, cause they sold thousands. I would have thought that a cup would just be able to hold on to the tail pipes of a 225bhp, i raced one in the scoob and was suprised that it didnt dissapear as quick as i thought it would. Not raced one in my new car yet though !

My girlfriend used to have a bettle, 2.0 and it was the worse car i have ever driven, and i have driven a few, beleive me, she sold it after 6 months, it was sh*t, anyway, she bought a mini cooper, which is a fashion car, granted, but unlike the bettle and the TT, it is a bloody good car to drive, as entaining, if not more so to drive than my old 106 gti !

cheers jonathan

P.S - up tha TOON !
A 106 GTi will sh!t on a Mini Cooper surely......

I had a race with one (TT225) once.. and it caned me tottalyyyy.,. - it had "hardkor" software though - around 260 at least....

Rallye-king - oh yeah, in a straight line the 106 gti is quicker, but give me a track or my favourite set of lanes, and i would take the mini everytime, also my girlfriend has the sports supsension plus, and with 16 inch alloys, the 17s destroy the ride.