ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone start a 365 today?

Nikon D700
Love that book one... Good work!
Mine from the weekend:

017 - was lucky enough to peek over the fence at my mates workshop, and saw this - WOW:
3210871138_c68362a40a.png

018:
3210871954_42fe43371d.png

Ian

Focus TDCi
Another good set of photos from everyone. :approve:

No idea what the book is Dan and I'd feel slightly needy if I Googled the text lol.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Well if I could trust Revels to post the Smarties then it would be less about need and more about want, but he's a bit shady!

You got a day 19 on the way Chris?

Arctic Blue FF 182
Always interested in the nice food shots they have in restuarant menus, thought 'how hard can it be', pretty hard, as it turns out, not entirely happy with this but was worth a go (tasted rather nice too)

Day 18...

456990893_SVRDc-L.jpg

Love this picture. What kind of setup and settings did you use? Iv got to get some food photo's for work soon to put on their website.

You got a day 19 on the way Chris?

Yup, think it was Revels who pointed these LED lights out on Ebay, about 30 minutes later I had me a set for 99p! They arrived today...

457903209_eH8tQ-L.jpg

Love this picture. What kind of setup and settings did you use? Iv got to get some food photo's for work soon to put on their website.

Nikon D90 & 50mm 1.8, Aperture Priority f2.8, ISO800 and the on-camera flash. Didn't really play around apart from this shot as I didn't want it to go cold!

White APE
Much respect for you guys! Not only for the commitment but for the quality of the pics!

Look forward to seeing what else you guys come up with.

I did it anyway :)

'Shatford', 'Nine Elms' and 'Flying Squad' brings up loads of news reports on the Millennium Dome Diamond Heist. I've no idea what the book is though!

I cant find the exact book (cant remember what the cover title is) but this is the news story.. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/four-jailed-in-dome-diamond-heist-case-661209.html

I tried using a dictionary but the text was too small! lol..

Do you have a link?

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/gadget-shack-co-uk/?_trksid=p3911.c0.m198

Thats the bloke I got them from but he doesnt seem to be selling anything atm..

Ian

Focus TDCi
Half way down on right hand side :) Decent shot Revs, stick the word Obama in the title and no doubt it'll get a mention on Explore lol.

Yup, date on the paper mate. I dont have enough arse lickers to get on explore all the time (I could go on an explore rant, but I wont! lol)

Obama in the tags, I like the titles clean with just the numbers :eek:

Ian

Focus TDCi
I've been going slightly over the top with my recent descriptions, definately gonna have to cut down. I dig the numbers, keeps it neat.

Okay, it seems you either need to take a "cute" love type picture. So it either says "I love you" "I miss you" draw a heart etc etc or a hot female taking a self portrait. Now some of them are good, dont get me wrong. But do you really need 10+ pics on explore because youve taken another photo of yourself?

Then theres the same people that you see on there every single day. Now I know theyre better photographers than me, Im not disputing that, but because they have thousands of views, hundreds of comments/faves they get to the top of explore when better pictures are left unrecognised (I dont mean mine) because people dont lick their arses.

Day 20...

458853473_h7dVB-L.jpg

Harder than it looks, especially in a tight enclosed space where any amount of ambient light makes it very difficult to keep yourself out of the picture.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Okay, it seems you either need to take a "cute" love type picture. So it either says "I love you" "I miss you" draw a heart etc etc or a hot female taking a self portrait. Now some of them are good, dont get me wrong. But do you really need 10+ pics on explore because youve taken another photo of yourself?

Then theres the same people that you see on there every single day. Now I know theyre better photographers than me, Im not disputing that, but because they have thousands of views, hundreds of comments/faves they get to the top of explore when better pictures are left unrecognised (I dont mean mine) because people dont lick their arses.

Tis true, but explore is a piece of code, not people sat picking photos, so the code learns whos constantly getting a lot of hits etc. So the more contacts you have and comments etc the more exploring will happen.

Yeh, I know. The algorithm is based on faves/comments/views, but nobody knows the exact formula.

I like the stickman, Chris.. Seems a lot easier in your head doesnt it ;)

Ian

Focus TDCi
Oh lordy, today's the last day of week 3 and I thought it was tomorrow. Shall see if I can come up with anything otherwise I might have to sneak one under the radar tomorrow!

That self-portrait is strange, kinda two different ways to look at the photo!

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I've been really struggling for inspiration tbh... I never really managed to get a good one for week 1, and living in a boring area, with crap weather, and no interesting toys make it rather difficult lol.

Loving that stickman btw... clever stuff :)

I've been really struggling for inspiration tbh... I never really managed to get a good one for week 1, and living in a boring area, with crap weather, and no interesting toys make it rather difficult lol.

Loving that stickman btw... clever stuff :)

That was my worry so I wanted a theme.. Some DoF stuff on normal everyday things will work fine..

Todays..

3215112483_f7c3643cc3.jpg

and living in a boring area, with crap weather

This is probably the most common 'complaint' in photography, almost everyone thinks they live in a boring area, simply because you are so familiar with everything around you. I'm sure if you went to the most boring town in America or Australia, you could find 100 things to take photos of...and ironically, you get people in parts of the US or Oz who long for some interesting weather conditions like we get here, blue skies 365 get very dull (apparently!)

I'm not saying these are great, but I tried shooting stuff within One Mile of my house for a while last year: http://www.flickr.com/photos/harry_s/sets/72157603878451187/, I live on an estate of thousands of identical homes built in 2000, it's as generic and 'dull' as you are likely to find, but if you walk around specifically looking for pics it's surprising what you can find.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
cheers for the advice guys. I suppose the fact im new to the whole thing doesn't really help either.

some of them shots a pretty clever actually not the kind of thing you'd think of doing. il definitely have to have a good at that in the next few weeks. my dad lives in a village il have to get up that to me thinks.

revels... I really do like the way you've gone with your project. some clever stuff. I look forward to seeing how you get on with the higher numbers.

and billy... great work ;)