ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone use mintex disks & pads all round?

172/vx220t/m135i
I shortly will need to change pads and disks all round, been scouring ebay and one seller is doing mintex disks/pads for £150 all in which i thought was a decent price. This includes the bearings but not the abs rings though.

Has anyone got this set up and what are your thoughts? At the moment i only do a short daily commute and no track days and tend to drive pretty steady anyway so don't need anything too high performance.

Ive done a search already and it seems standards on the back seem fine however these are £125 just for the rears so thought the mintex all round might be the better option. Any other thoughts/suggestions welcome. Thanks.

a thirsty one
agree i got some mintex std pads front and rear took them off after about 6 weeks mate

worked ok cold but once warm were w**k

172/vx220t/m135i
Went for standard rear disks in the end which came with abs rings and bearings and motrio pads. On the front went for brembo hc disks with genuine renault pads, just got to get them fitted now.

Not a 320d
Went for standard rear disks in the end which came with abs rings and bearings and motrio pads. On the front went for brembo hc disks with genuine renault pads, just got to get them fitted now.

HC discs are fantastic, ive drive a cup with them installed before. i WISH i could get them for my stupid excuse for a car.

172/vx220t/m135i
HC discs are fantastic, ive drive a cup with them installed before. i WISH i could get them for my stupid excuse for a car.

That's good to hear, after going on the advice that mintex all round were no good i was happy to pay the extra as compromising in the brake department probably isn't the best idea! After doing the searches i'm confident that the set up i've gone for will be fine for road use.

Not a 320d
That's good to hear, after going on the advice that mintex all round were no good i was happy to pay the extra as compromising in the brake department probably isn't the best idea! After doing the searches i'm confident that the set up i've gone for will be fine for road use.

I wouldnt have gone with standard pads, DS 2500's would have been my choice. The discs are great though. If they were available for my car, they would have been installed a long time ago.

172/vx220t/m135i
I wouldnt have gone with standard pads, DS 2500's would have been my choice. The discs are great though. If they were available for my car, they would have been installed a long time ago.

Standard pads will be more than enough for how i use the car. Heard the ds pads are one of the best but think they were 3 times the price of standard! And i don't particularly thrash the car round enough to warrrant needing such pads.

Not a 320d
Fair enough, i think they are fairly noisy too, but i cant remember. I want DS3000 pads for mine and they are supposed to be a bit noisy for road use. But I do cain my car, ive done 10,000 miles in my car since i got it brand new last November, i have nearly destroyed the standard pads, the discs need replacing and i have boiled my brake fluid.