ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone used www.carselect.co.uk for 182

RS Clio 182

Just wondering if anyone has used http://www.carselct.co.ukwww.carselct.co.uk to buy a new car. They are doing brand new first owner 182s with met paint, cup suspension/spoiler and cd changer for £12,558 which looks a brilliant price. I have a pre registered 182 on order without the cd changer from my local renault dealer which ive agreed to pay £12,498 for.

Really needing advice as to whether they are a good enough company to concider cancelling my order with dealer? I would have to wait another three weeks for the carselect one but for the sake of a non pre registered car and a cd changer all for £60 extra I would be daft to ignore. Any advice appreciated!

MINI JCW

You will lose your deposit if you cancel, also Ill be suprised at that price from car select if it is not either a import or a pre reg.

stick with your order you have IMO

RS Clio 182

I dont have a deposit with dealer as I intended to trade in a car which I then sold. Carselect say that it is UK supplied and direct from a local dealer. I would be first owner. Cheers for advice though gazcaddy. Anyone actually used them?

RS Clio 182

I will effectively have to pay £60 more with car select one for a cd changer and to be the first owner but will have to wait another three weeks. I ordered it at the start of September and have an EXPECTED delivery date of 23rd November. Car select say it will be 8 weeks delivery through them.

Ok, I wouldnt personally, an extra 3 weeks delay... or possibly more.

Why dont you speak to the dealer, maybe he can sort something out for you.

Personally i would stay with the dealer, when did you order it? And when have they told you it will arrive ?

RS Clio 182

Would have been 2nd September when I ordered it. Dealer said id have it around end of October but this has now changed to 23rd November. Guess I could speak to dealer. Any ideas how I can go about it as the deal has been done so he is unlikely to change anything unless he thinks he is losing the sale. He probably has a queue of people waiting for 182s though if delivery is so slow.

Personally I think you will be delaying your order until end of decemeber at least , if you change now.

Why dont you just get an after market cd-changer? With MP3 support aswell.

Best to just ask him, Im sure they can retro-fit a cd changer for you at the dealers once it arrives.

Clio v6

Information I was given by my local salesman when I suggested ordering a new car from Carselect.

Carselect simply order your new UK car through a UK dealers fleet sales department. They get a fleet discount and pass some of it on to you the customer.

They get a call from the dealer when the car has been delivered from Renault in France. After PDI etc, Carselect go to dealer, pick up the car and transport it to your house.

Carselect is one of Renault SuttonPark Coventrys biggest fleet customers. Carselect cars are UK, complete with all warranty and alarms etc.

My salesman could of course match a broker if he wanted to. Just one less big mac for him lol

RS Clio 182

The guy I spoke to said that I would definetely be the first owner. I agree with what you say phunkey_monkeh as I dont see how they can get them for that price if they werent pre registered. My dealer said he would match any brokers price at the time I made the deal but at that time I also had a trade in. He matched the best deal I could find at the time. This deal looks really good though.

Just for the record:

These are brand new, you are the first owner on the v5 and are supplied just as any other brand new renault would be.

phunkeh_monkeh, just to let you know, your completely wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 15 October 2004

If that is the case Extremem Kennedy they will be Pre-registered.

Wrong, they are brand new, only give advice if you know the facts fella!! :mad:

And no I dont work for them, just a happy previous customer, and as James said, my car came from Sutton Park.

Alrigh, cool down.

I dont see how they can buy them as a fleet vehicle, and then give you first ownership.

Fleet vehicles are for companies, ie the company that buys the vehicle... in this case Carselect.
So unless you work for carseclect i dont see how its done .

No need to flip your lid, i made a mistake.

i bought both my 182 and 2 previous CTRs from car select. they are excellent but you have to be a lloyds customer to get the benefit. i paid 14788 for my 1st CTR and 12788 with both cup packs for the 182, all the cars are UK spec as they are supplied by select uk dealers who have an agreement with Lloydstsb... prices are so good because they are one of the largest new car suppliers in the uk market, especially fleet sales where i believe they are number 1. they use their bulk buying power to pass on savings to their customers, also if you do the PCP Plan the monthly cost is greatly reduced and you can hand it back or keep it for a fixed price... even better, if you hand it back and the market says its worth more than the fixed price on the contract, they give you back the difference... i made around 6k on my CTR by selling private but wouldve made nearly as much if id handed it back

totally recommended by me and they rarely get delivery dates wrong

You dont have to be a Lloyds customer as stated above. Sorry to contredict again but I organised my own loan, never used the offered Lloyds TSB one, they are happy for you to do this, just let them know when you place your order.

dk

911 GTS Cab

I agree with everything steveV6 said, I bought the 182 from them, they are very good, car is not pre-reg, same as buying from dealer and they deliver it to your home (on a lorry, not driven like toypops was!)

their current price is the cheapest i think you will get a 182 for, without it beinging imported or pre-registered.

my conclusion:

Definitely order from them, 100%!

RS Clio 182

Cheers for the advice guys. Think I am going to order one from them and take my chances with the dealer. Does anyone think it will take them longer than 8 weeks to get one? My dealer seems to be struggling to get me one in 12 weeks!

Hi,

Why wait? I am selling my black 182. Cd changer, chassis pack, body pack.

Its been lovingly run in, then engine oil changed for fully synth.

6500 miles.

I have a family and need a 4 door so I have ordered a megane 225. I get it next week.

I would want £12300 ish.

Gary.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by gazza182 on 16 October 2004

Hi,

Why wait? I am selling my black 182. Cd changer, chassis pack, body pack.

Its been lovingly run in, then engine oil changed for fully synth.

6500 miles.

I have a family and need a 4 door so I have ordered a megane 225. I get it next week.

I would want £12300 ish.

Gary.
because you are asking too much, he can get the same car brand new without any miles for £300 more?