ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone using omex 600 on a mk1....

A normal Mk1 dosent run any sensors through the ECU....(talking valver here)....Oil pressure and oil light on dash go straight from the sensor to the clocks....Water temprature goes straight to the clocks from the sensor.....oil temprature goes straight from the sensor to the clocks....not sure if the omex is any different though, dont see why it would be? or does it require data like water/oil/etc to run?

When we were running the 172 ecu, the only sensor out of those that was going to the ECU was the 172 water temp from the thermo housing, none of the others did....

OMEX will be able to run Tacho no problem, using that resistor 'mod' probably (10k pullup), and the guage will work perfectly...

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
right so i either plumb in the mk1 sensors for water/oil etc to work the mk1 clocks, or use aftermarket stuff?

raw striker
id advise on this but tbh i dont deal with the ecu side of things so would just be guessing. best bet is just give us a call and ask to speak to andy cornock. he is very helpful so wont mind answering your questions. main omex number is 01242 260656.

ValverInBits
If you want to run a clever dash like that, why not use emerald or DTA that can run those dashes on CAN?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
my mk1 willy turbo is running an omex 600. dash and everything thing else work fine.

yes thats because on yours all the standard mk1 sensors are still in place and therefore giving the correct signals to the dash gauges and warning lights. sadly i have done an engine conversion so have no standard sensors in place, only the sensors from the 172 engine which i dont think are compatible with the mk1 clocks

If you want to run a clever dash like that, why not use emerald or DTA that can run those dashes on CAN?

i already have the omex so im trying to get as much working as possible using it

ITB'd MK1
i know a few are, so....

what dials/gauges can it run on the standard mk1 clocks? ie tacho, oil temp, water temp etc

if it can't run any, maybe its a good excuse to go for an aftermarket dash? :cool:

like so http://www.race-technology.com/dash2_2_31.html

or can the omex not run all of the inputs on these either?

it can do either

Your best bet is to use the mk1 sensors for temps and pressure. There is a direct tacho out from the 600 that will run the rev counter perfectly, it's 1 wire

Or a Typhoon, or a Motec etc. etc. CAN is a much nicer way to do things if you are going to make use of the features it offers.

Worth noting though that the Dash2 requires an ECU interface box for RS232 or CAN so if you intend to use that dash you're always going to have to package another box in to make it work.

Cheers
M

2005 Nissan Navara
Or a Typhoon, or a Motec etc. etc. CAN is a much nicer way to do things if you are going to make use of the features it offers.

Worth noting though that the Dash2 requires an ECU interface box for RS232 or CAN so if you intend to use that dash you're always going to have to package another box in to make it work.

Cheers
M

By interface "box", its a serial cable with an inline "box" about an inch square!

By interface "box", its a serial cable with an inline "box" about an inch square!

It's still a box, it's still two more sets of connectors and its still an additional failure point!

Dash2 is cheap but when you start adding in what you need to get data off an ECU and log it it suddenly gets quite expensive. £500 for the dash, £500 for a DL1, £80 - £100 for the interface box etc. For 1 - 1.5K (depending on spec) you can have a proper dash logger that'll plumb straight into the vehicle CAN with a total loom bundle of 6 wires and job done.

Cheers
M

2005 Nissan Navara
Thats great, but if you dont have CAN in the first place, i.e this car in question, its not much good :p

Thats great, but if you dont have CAN in the first place, i.e this car in question, its not much good :p

I was speaking more regarding the interface box/es Race Technology use and alternatives to a Dash2 where extra interfaces/boxes aren't required.

For a valver any reasonable aftermarket/motorsport dash will have at least 8 analogue inputs on it which can be used as well as or in place of CAN or RS232 for vehicle sensors - its such a basic function of a dash I tend to forget. If you're replacing an old'ish road cars dash it's easy to salvage a connector off the/an old dash and make a quick patch loom up so the new dash is PNP into the standard loom. Then just configure your analogue channels accordingly for the standard sensor pack.

Cheers
M

2005 Nissan Navara
Yeah I know what you were reffering to, im just lost as to how its applicable here?

Unless like you say, he spends out ££££ for a completel new control system/logger/display.
Which is 1) beyond what he needs 2) not what he's asking for.

Easiest option if he's wanting to spend the ~£500 on the Race tech dash is the interface they supply for the Omex (as he already has Omex), OR keep the oe analogue dash/clocks and sensors, with a bit of wiring work.

Yeah I know what you were reffering to, im just lost as to how its applicable here?

Because Mark_One mentioned using different ECU's to drive a dash via CAN and I responded to his post. You then responded to my post.

You can see this if you scroll up and read down.

Personaly I fail to see why responding to Marks post is an issue? Thread tangent yes, related one? I think so based on Marks post and the mention of aftermarket dash displays. In fact I even quoted Marks post in my response.

Cheers
M

2005 Nissan Navara
Sorry, just looked like you were complicating the OP's question.

Might have just been the way I was reading it...

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
i know a few are, so....

what dials/gauges can it run on the standard mk1 clocks? ie tacho, oil temp, water temp etc

if it can't run any, maybe its a good excuse to go for an aftermarket dash? :cool:

like so http://www.race-technology.com/dash2_2_31.html

or can the omex not run all of the inputs on these either?

go for the race tech dash mate .
iv been reading up on it and thinking where to mount it.
i will have mine in 3-4weeks and many weeks later andy from gdi will be fitting it.
along with omex 600.;)