ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone watch the Clio Cup?

2002 Clio Expression
I just thought I'd put up a post asking if we have any Clio cup followers? Support race to the BTCC, well the only one worth watching :)

Great bumper to bumper racing which always provides great action, battles all over the grid plus always the odd car flying off.
Only reason I am so interested as I work for THE best team in the paddock! Anyone see any of the action this year?

One of my favorite models of the Clio with the great facelift..Anythink think differ?

Racing is it everyone's cup of tea? Any questions about racing I can answer all your needs apart from vehicle setup obviously xD

Which race meetings have you ever gone to and did you enjoy yourself?

Getting First always is awesome
826626.jpg

Plus fighting in the middle of the pack...
841270.jpg

And I am proud to say our driver held ALL of them cars behind him for 9laps till the finish, not bad for someone who has NEVER raced before!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Not sure what your on about, but the Clio Cup racers are pretty entertaining :cool:

2002 Clio Expression
Bare with me I am a noob on CS..
But I was just asking if anyone watches it and opinuions of it?

DCi 100
As soon as you've been to a Cliosport meet you'll see that alot of people have clio cup race cars. Or atleast they think.

200 is an ugly fucker, gimme a 197.

Stripped yozza'd cup
The roof scoops on the race cars are AWFUL. There is some good racing, but I also see a lot of very amateur mistakes in Clio cup. TBF, i suppose a lot of the drivers in the series are new drivers.

2002 Clio Expression
They claim race cars but I highly doubt it..I could tell in the first few minutes being around it.
I just love the sadev sequential gearbox, every time I drive it still sends a chill down my spine..
I do like the 197 but Renault are looking more into their Megane now... :(

2002 Clio Expression
They are, two races ago we all of a sudden lost one during safety car lap.. odd be the reason why we got Fastest lap as he was shedding weight round track.. :)

Yes I know the exact drivers your talking about that make the mistakes.. Some are but the problem is there are drivers that have been in the series for ages and still cant get on the pace, most put it down to car setup. One of the drivers I am suppoting is total new to racing he has done TONS of track days but had the car and money and he started off at the back obviously but now after one season is fighting in the MID pack and his never raced anythning before not even karts. Alot of it comes down to "driver tuition and driver development"

I've always been a fan - was better in the 1*2 days when there were 30 of them every round. Couple of people off here work for CC teams, some even drive ;)

2002 Clio Expression
Have we any drivers then?
Need to get any quicker and wish to do a season next year ;D
Yeah we need a bigger pack next year!

Cooksport Fleet
Just so everyone else can figure out what is going on here, he (deano) works for Stancombe Vehicle Engineering. They run Matthew Munson (Blue Square Data) in Clio Cup. He has never done another other sort of racing prior to this. Paul Rivett 2x clio cup champ is their driving instructor, and has raced for the last few rounds sponsored by Blue Square Data.

2002 Clio Expression
You hear right :)
Sorry for the late reply guys I been busy working on a new Peugeot 206 Tarmac Cup rally car, prepping that for its first rally..and as always it was tight on the deadline hahaha..

Soo cookie_jnr how do you know so much, should I be worried? :D

SchwepTek™
You hear right :)
Sorry for the late reply guys I been busy working on a new Peugeot 206 Tarmac Cup rally car, prepping that for its first rally..and as always it was tight on the deadline hahaha..

Soo cookie_jnr how do you know so much, should I be worried? :D

Cookie races a 197.

182cup & 172 racecar
The driving standard in the Cup series is at best,awful.Too many people with too much money thinking they can drive.There a few good ones dont get me wrong.

2002 Clio Expression
Sorry Whiteley but there is a bunch of great women that keep us going, we owe them so much! A 197 with sadev sequential box is the ideal track toy for me :)

Megane 275 Trophy
The driving standard in the Cup series is at best,awful.Too many people with too much money thinking they can drive.There a few good ones dont get me wrong.

I think its the same in many different championships... Too much money, not enough driving ability...

gone off the boil this year in the btcc. i dont think renault helped pricing alot of the chaps out of it and some of the drivers are terrible.

hope it picks up next yearTBH