ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone who can help get my clio 172 running / diagonose . Will pay

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
After re-installing engine after having cambelt and dephaser I cannot get my clio to start .

its turns over , it's getting fuel to the rail but injectors do not fire .

Checked for spark , getting spark .

ive noticed throttle body is not opening when press pedal , swapped pedal and throttle body but the same .

also checked it's not immobiliser .

electrical fault light on dash .

Need help despeatelty :-(

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Had the car almost 4 years and never driven the car .

Ive had abit of bad luck over the years , serious car accident and currently have knee ligament damage .

ive tried my best to get it going but seriously struggling and getting down about the situation I'm in .

I coukd get it towed if it helps .

Megane 225 f1
If theres a warning light on best thing to do would be get it plugged into a diagnostic machine and it should give you some idea of the fault.

Are all the connections on the engine loom connected?

Check the 3 little relays in the engine fuse box for corroded terminals.

Give the loom a tug and a pull in various places then try it.

May be worth checking all the fuses in the engine and dash fuse boxes.

Where abouts are you?

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Wrexham buddy .

ive had alook at fuses and cleaned up contacts on ralays .

yeah has a fault light on dash .

couid be a simple fix for somebody who knows what there doing

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Yeah I have connected them but one is not looking so Great .

could this be the issue ? How do I repair this earth ? Could I solder a new wire and bolt to the earth point ?

5B673007-84B1-48ED-9E9A-EA9EF61FA8C0.jpg

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I live in Wrexham buddy but work in penketh , widnes buddy .

im really struggling and need of help

Clio 172 Cup
I might be about this weekend might be going to Chester for some parts and DT to for brake pads PM your name address and phone number and if I go to Chester I'll look you up and see if I can help you out.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
No I haven't Modified the loom .

Removed Engine & gearbox to have cambelt & dephaser done , which Birchdown done. fitted new pumps and PAS etc 182 Manifold.

I think before engine was removed on the day when I tried to start it , it wouldn't so what ever the issue I think it had happened while sitting on the drive !

could be a bad sensor or wire I guess as the dash indicates somethink

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You think it didnt start?
Seems a weird thing to not be sure about. Most people are pretty sure if their car didnt start, lol.

If its sparking then it doesnt sound like a sensor issue TBH as the ecu has to be pretty happy with its inputs before it fires the plugs.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Chip it was along time ago when I started this and I had a car accident which left me in an air ambulance so i can't be certain .

im really struggling and have no clue and pretty close to giving up and selling up .

I have no experience with these and want to get on track and enjoy it.

Ive had the car 4 years and drove it once