ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone with a 182 that hasn’t had issues

Just ordered my 182, should have it in 8 weeks. I have read a lot of posts on here and it seems that so many people have problems with them. Is there anybody out there that has got a good un? without problems? Its concerning me a little that so many problems are cropping up. Ive been after one for a long time and finally persuaded the wife to let me have it but am now thinking have I made the right choice. Any feedback would be greatly received.

Cheers

Gareth

Ive just bought one as well gnewark, and was thinking the same thing. But what you need to remember is people will always ask for advice and let people know of the problems with their their car. Doubt very much anyone would post a message saying "Ive had a 182 for 5 months now and nothing is wrong, its perfect!"

Everyone has issues with their cars, some people more picky than other, but Im defo not gonna let the fun of finally getting one be ruined by worrying what "MIGHT" happen to it.

Id say dont worry about it, if something does happen the forum will no doubt help you in getting it sorted as soon as possible. :D

I would never buy another Renault, Keeping mine until its payed for then its going.

The dealers are poor (understatement) and Renault Uk arrogant, unorganised, apathetic and will do little to help if you do have problems.

Be warned, when its going its a fantastic car but if you have any faults its a fight all the way.

P

peterh2

Had mine a week now, 800 miles and no problems so far. It even feels a lot better built than my old 1.4 16v dynamique+ for some reason!

Clio 182, Audi A3

Had mine 2 months and 3000 miles and no absolutely no problems. Wanted a car my wife would drive on occasion (she found my old Alfa intimidating). Problem is she loves it and wants to drive it all the time.

Main dealers for most makes are crap in my experience.

Glad that there are some people having relatively trouble free cars :) Now , how can i pass the time till it is delivered? Make a carboard cut out and sit in it and pretend?

Yeah ill proabably do that :)

thanks for the replies,

Gareth

Clio 182

Had mine since Easter, just over 6000 miles, no problems.

[Edited by Arianne on 12 December 2004 at 1:13pm]

fat 182

the only main dealer ive ever been to that was any good was BMW when i had my Z3 then i got a MR2 toyota dealers are sh*te they think evebody is a thick as S*"t and the people at my local renault dealer are thick as S*"T there clueless when it come to a 182 :(

VW Potato

i think mate its all relative. I had no expectations of my Clio being anything other than average in terms of build and problems. The probs I had have been minor and did not detract from my overall enjoyment of what is a fundamentally delightful and robust car. The build is better and more solid than I expected. The dealers are woeful, but that wouldnt put me off buying another renault, if they made one that i liked as much as i like my Clio.

Please, dont worry about a thing. Yes, you will have some problems, but then you will with almost any car. Sit back and enjoy the ride!

Grandad - ah, a fellow Alfa fan! Do you still have the Sud, and have you checked out http://www.alfaowner.comwww.alfaowner.com?

g

I consider mine to be a good one, the only problem that i have is the incapability of the dealers to fix the most easiest of faults 1st time...........

EG: 1 of my headlamps stopped working took it back they fixed it, next day that headlamp was full of condensation, took it back. They then ordered wrong headlamp had to re-book, they then replaced that headlamp a couple of days later the other headlamp filled with codensation, took it staright back again. they then ordered the wrong headlight yet again so i had to re-book and wait another few weeks before they could fit me in!!!!!!!!!!!!! All it went in for was to sort out a few wires or a bulb!!!

All got sorted in the end after i wrote a strong yet polite letter to the managing director, funny how they can get things right after all.....

Rob.

im not tempting fate mine is only two weeks old. my mk2 172 i had for 2 1/2 years and did 26,500 miles and it was good as gold, hope the 182 will be the same.

CLIO 197 Ultra red

Had mine 6 weeks, 300miles and no trouble at all. slightly dodgy paintwork in places but mechanically sound so far.... watch the damn thing not start in the morning now i said that....

CLIO 197 Ultra red

oh i got slightly woring brakes though( see my other thread)....

so i supose i do have problems then....lol

BMW 120i Sport

One week and a few days, nearly 600 miles covered on my 182 and ive got the following niggles:

1) Occasional rattle from glovebox area (seems to have stopped today)
2) Passenger door aint locking/unlocking with keyfob - booked into reanult to fix under warranty

Apart from that, im very happy with its performance and its way better built than my old Fiesta Zetec-S.

mine has been ok, but im never buying a renault ever again (well probably) the quality of the cars isnt that good and most dealers are f**king sh*te, wouldnt know what to buy in its place though for that sort of money = to performance

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Had mine 5 months and it rattles like a rattle snake holding a rattle...... other than that its ok (touching wood repeatedly)

LOL, has anyone else exhaust started rattling !!, mine does when stood but when you hold the tailpipes it stops, whats that all about

200 cup (van blanc)

yes - i am having problems:

1. going too fast

2. going too fast around corners

3. having too much fun

If you dont want issues dont buy french cars!

Its as simple as that, they are badly built to a very tight budget by the lowest bidder!

If you want quality and style, save up for another year and buy a BMW 3 series, its a far superior car and you will never look back!

No rattles, no shakes, no problems!

Germany 5 - 0 France

CLIO 197 Ultra red

but as dull as dishwater (unless u get a hot one which costs 30k minimum and crap in the wet/snow/ice.....

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by ken182 on 12 December 2004
but as dull as dishwater (unless u get a hot one which costs 30k minimum and crap in the wet/snow/ice.....

what he said, BMWs are ok for reps and old people but not fun enough for me, 1 series is ugly and too expensive for what it is, 3 series is too much of a rep mobile with a bad reputation and the only 1 to beat the 182s performance is the M3 which is stupid money.

dk

911 GTS Cab

oh and apart from the standard knocking at low speeds which was solved in the first couple of weeks of ownership mine has been a good little runaround!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Got my 182 last March,a few niggles at first which was no different to every single new car ive owned but the best thing is i have had no problems worth getting upset about and the one or two small things i have highlighted to my dealer were dealt with quickly and without fuss.Nothing is too much trouble for my dealer and so far owning my Renault has been one of my best experiences of buying and aftersales. :)

Black 182 + Recaros

Ive had two 172s. The radiator broke on my 172 MK1, and had alarm problems on the 172 MK2.. Over 4 years thats about it.

Id be happy to buy a 182. For the price, nothing comes close.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

My 172 was great....1 faulty battery and 1 faulty climate control buzzing noise in the roof

Both done under warranty and other than that my 2 years in the car was great,hence me wanting a 182 now..There are always going to be horror stories which ever manafacturer you choose,but people only remember the bad things and are in the minority compaired to the ammount of cars they make

ian

Engles Mummy

Yea its true, renault are cr*p and fixing stuff. Took me six days, £30 of petrol and £68 to fix the passenger seat. Which i saw the guy do on the sixth day...took me no joke around 2 mins.

I hate renault, but i love there cars :oops:

Clio 200 Cup packed

5 months old, 3500 miles, not a single problem...

oh, except a puncture and renault (or anybody else) not stocking Exalto tyres!!! hence no car for 7 days!

Had mine since March with no probs at all @nearly 16k.

Local dealers are barmy, not a clue when to service, how to do it, what tyres to fit, "yes it does have a spare sir, its in the boot", etc,etc. They do try though and generally try to be polite and helpful.

Very pleased with it to date.

Silver Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Rob137 on 12 December 2004
If you dont want issues dont buy french cars!Its as simple as that, they are badly built to a very tight budget by the lowest bidder!If you want quality and style, save up for another year and buy a BMW 3 series, its a far superior car and you will never look back!No rattles, no shakes, no problems!Germany 5 - 0 France

I had a 3 series and now have a 182. I bought the 3 series after having a 172, was a nice car but nowhere near as much fun and I hated getting put into the BMW driver category.

I keep looking at S2000s though!

Hi gnewark

Had lots of probs with 182 and are currently seeking legal advice with regards to rejecting the car.

Too many probs to mention, got car 1st sept 04 and only done 2000mls.

4 mls on clock when it was bought brand new.View my other posts to see a few of the problems.Also have been recovered 4 times!