ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple 8/X

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Yeh I’ve got the spigen airskin and it’s pretty good, always rated their cases over the years

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Always find most cases leave a dull ache from holding them underneath if that makes sense. Yet to find a case that is comfy if holding phone for a long period.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve bought a relatively expensive plastic and Horween leather case from Nomad.

All good until the silicone edging absorbed the blue ink from my pocket lining after sharing the space with a bic. I used graffiti remover to try and sort it but it’s etched the clear plastic! Fucksticks.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Having had my Pixel for a few days (reader on the back) I can confirm I hate the position. If my phone's on my desk then I want to be able to press the fingerprint reader to unlock and navigate without picking the thing up.

With fingerprint readers on the back you can't do that.

I don't like the premise of FaceID though. Who knows, maybe it'll catch on- hopefully they just figure out how to do the fingerprint reader under the screen next time round and do away with notches in the screen (honestly, how s**t is that?!) and fingerprint readers on the back. Then everyone's happy.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
How’s everyone getting on with their X’s? I’m pretty impressed and love the camera

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Still enjoying it, not finding much i dont like. Apple pay is a bit of a pain on the underground but thats about it.
+1 for the camera, everything looks great, just need to use portrait mode more! Oh, and the battery :hearteyes:

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
Only got mine on Saturday. Do not miss the home button at all now.

FaceID has been flawless for me so far. All the apps I used previously with TouchID are now FaceID. Like the notification feature where you can’t see the body of the notification until it’s unlocked. I’ve found the FaceID works fine ever when flat on my desk at work, just need to glance at it.

Coming from the 7 Plus to this I thought I may find the screen too small but it’s perfect. Just bigger than my work iPhone 7.

Took me a while to work out how to turn it off now though!

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
It’s a good bit of kit. I only realised today that if you tap the screen it wakes the phone haha.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
d2c0696b90ba9ebafe9eb4ec5a8972d2.jpg

Today’s Costa portrait haha

RenaultSport clio 182
Only got mine on Saturday. Do not miss the home button at all now.

FaceID has been flawless for me so far. All the apps I used previously with TouchID are now FaceID. Like the notification feature where you can’t see the body of the notification until it’s unlocked. I’ve found the FaceID works fine ever when flat on my desk at work, just need to glance at it.

Coming from the 7 Plus to this I thought I may find the screen too small but it’s perfect. Just bigger than my work iPhone 7.

Took me a while to work out how to turn it off now though!

The X screen is bigger than the 7 plus

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Was it not smooth then? ive had 11.2 for a while though but im getting the email glitch all the time where the top of the screen flickers.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Loving my X so far. The nicest Apple product I've bought in years! Bought some AirPods (finally) to go with it, they're also amazing.
Re cases, I've bought three so far and I can't find one I like. The Apple leather is great but adds too much bulk, the Spigen slimline feels cheap IMO, and I've just ordered a Peel case but it's not arrived yet.

Overall 9/10. Minor criticism: eggs were too close to the beans. Use a sausage as a breakwater.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Loving my X so far. The nicest Apple product I've bought in years! Bought some AirPods (finally) to go with it, they're also amazing.
Re cases, I've bought three so far and I can't find one I like. The Apple leather is great but adds too much bulk, the Spigen slimline feels cheap IMO, and I've just ordered a Peel case but it's not arrived yet.

Overall 9/10. Minor criticism: eggs were too close to the beans. Use a sausage as a breakwater.

I may want to mix them but I want that to be my decision.

I know the X has a glass back but my Spigen case has covered my 7+ in spots so be wary.
Looks like so -

npz5by93aihz.jpg

I've read they can mark the glass too.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Ive noticed case marks in the past so I regularly take the case off and make sure its clean. always amazed the amount of dirt that gets in and gets rubbed on the glass/metal

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yup. I've got an Apple black leather one and a bargain rubber Torras one. Both have a microfibre lining, which is the key I think.
If you're looking for a decent case for a bargain, I'd really recommend the Torras. The fit is perfect and they're fully lined. £14 on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0761LXKZS/?tag=cliospnet01-21

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I’m running case-less now and have been for some time. A case almost ruins them.
Do you not have a problem with it sliding out of your pocket when sitting?
Tried running my case-less for a few days and it kept falling out of my pocket in the car

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Picked up one of these Xs today. Swithered and swithered over the decision to swap from my Note 8 but I went for it as the Apple shop had some in stock.

The Note 8 was/is an amazing phone, its just a bit too big for my girly gay hands.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Picked up one of these Xs today. Swithered and swithered over the decision to swap from my Note 8 but I went for it as the Apple shop had some in stock.

The Note 8 was/is an amazing phone, its just a bit too big for my girly gay hands.

First impressions of the X? How does it compare?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I really like its big screen within a small phone which is really nice. Seems slower to load web pages which is strange.

Early days but really liking it so far.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Finally got hands on with one of these over the weekend. Must admit it didn't blow me away at first which I kind of thought it would lol. No complaints on the UI and gesture changes though, very easy to pick up. Didn't get to try out Face ID, not that I consider it very important (unlocking a phone... how exciting)

My main question is it's such a tiny bit bigger than the iPhone 6/7/8 why actually bother making it a different size at all, and not just use the same frame?

In some respects I actually prefer the Galaxy S8 (and OnePlus 5T) but I don't think I'll ever be leaving iOS.

I'm still getting one, in March, unless the rumours are true about an iPhone SE update with an X style screen. That'd be amazing :)

White APE
I was having major problems with how slippery my 8 was with the glass back. Unless jeans it would slide out of your picket when you sit down, also sliding off any surface that wasn’t 100% flat.

I wanted a case that didn’t add bulk but add a tiny bit of friction to stop the slippyness. Went with a peel and so far. It had any problems. Fits perfect.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Anyone else's camera roll getting completely filled up with f**king screenshots?!

Doesn’t it give you the option to delete once you’ve sent it to whoever? Or are they just random ones you know nothing about?

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
My iPhone X seems to crash a lot. Black screen and only comes back to life with a hard re-set. Anyone else experiencing this?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Face ID sucks ass. It’s so slow (compared to the fingerprint sensor) and definitely ain’t getting any quicker with “learning”.

Thought it was meant to work in the dark? Not for me.

dk

911 GTS Cab
No they are ones I take accidentally every 5minutes cause of the shitty button locations
I really don’t know how you’re doing it accidentally!

Face Id works fine for me, in all situations, even in the dark, in bed with my head on the pillow, I’ve even had a major hair and beard cut and it didn’t affect it working. Sure it occasionally fails, but so did Touch ID.