ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple rant

1998 BMW e46 323i
Ok, hold my hands up I'm an Apple fan. My iPhone 4 is 10 months old, and mint apart from a really annoying home button.

So I went to the store today, they replaced it. Happy days. Genius told me their systems were down, so she did the process manually.

Come home, synced etc and bam, searching... No service. for a half hour. Swapped a different sim.

Rang apple, turns out even though my original phone was bought from them unlocked they've given me a locked phone. Can't swap it with another, cos that will 'copy' this one and be locked?!

So, I now have no network access for 4 days, maybe!

They had no record of the replacement being given out, cos of their system failure. Not happy. My spare phone is an 8210, which I can't find and the micro sim won't even fit!

Just thought I'd rant a bit and share the weird occurrence!

Rav4
Get a micro sim to sim adaptor, 02 and everyone else provides them or at least should do for free.

apart from a really annoying home button.

So I went to the store today, they replaced it

My home button is f**ked too, sent it to Apple to repair, got it back saying no fault could be found. Fault immediately reoccurred, so I kinda hate Apple right now too.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
My home button is f**ked too, sent it to Apple to repair, got it back saying no fault could be found. Fault immediately reoccurred, so I kinda hate Apple right now too.

If it's not too much trouble for you I'd take it into an Apple store, odds are they'll replace it there and then. I got mine replaced because of a dodgy connector the other week even though it was out of warranty.

LY 182
Is the home button a common fault?

Mine's a bit buggered too. Sometimes won't respond and takes several attempts.

Not sure they'd deem it worthy of a replacement though as it does work, just not every time.

LY 182
Mine is the same Mr Pants. I'm trekking to Sheffield on Sunday to see what the Apple minions say.

Yeah. My local Apple is MK about 20 minute drive so not massively far away but not the sorta trip I'd like to take on the basis that it may work when they try it and they just tell me to bugger off lol.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I've had so many replacements for minor things tbh.

My battery is a c**t too, I went to the cinema the other night it was on 15% so I turned it off for the film and then it wouldn't turn on afterwards because the battery was too low. A load of horseshit if you ask me.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i thought the home button was a 'feature' of the 4, my month old white one has a dodgy home button, sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. seems to need a much more positive press than the 3gs did too.

1998 BMW e46 323i
I had a genius appt. They replaced it. It worked til I synced it. Apple on the phone said it was locked to a different network, and could take upto 4 days to sort. Only took 24 hrs tbf. Really annoying, but I'll get over it. Thy apologised and said it was because apple's systems were having loads of probs on the day.

All tickedy boo now.

P.S. It was getting to the point where I couldn't double tap the home button at times. Otherwise I'd have just ignored the prob.