ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple store and fitting a battery in iPhone 4

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Does anyone know how much apple charge for fitting a new battery in a iPhone 4 ?

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I don't think they will? You'd probably just need to pay £130 and they'll give you a "new" one.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
It's getting a genuine battery from somewhere that's stopping me from doing that

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Why don't you just make a genius appointment?

Chances are even if it's out of warranty, if you can show the battery is fucked that they'll just replace the phone anyway.

Ged

PD130 Peach
yes deffo go to the genius bar! they gave me a knew one because my screen was smashed. They hand out new ones all the time :)

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Earliest is Saturday evening, I'll book in and see what they can do. It's worth a try for nothing

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I justhad mine replaced tonight foc and it was water damaged! Apple customer service is amazing

FF 182
Agreed.. Get a Genius appointment. I smashed my screen at work. Took to the Apple shop and they just replaced the phone free of charge. Excellent customer service.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I went for my genius appointment this evening. Unfortunately they didnt replace my hand set like I had hoped. but they have reinstalled all the software on the phone (which is better than doing a restore?) so I will wait to see what the battery life is like over the next week. If not then I have to pay £55 for a new battery fitting by apple :/

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I went for my genius appointment this evening. Unfortunately they didnt replace my hand set like I had hoped. but they have reinstalled all the software on the phone (which is better than doing a restore?) so I will wait to see what the battery life is like over the next week. If not then I have to pay £55 for a new battery fitting by apple :/

It's exactly the same as doing a restore. Standard practice when you go to the Genius Bar is to tell them you've already restored the phone and it didn't help. Fail.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I did, I have restored it twice. I don't know. The exact ins and outs but they Told me they did a diagnostics check on the phone and it came back with no faults, then they restored the phone and re calibrated the software (I don't know whether they did this or not)

Since yesterday's full charge the battery life is lasting a hell of a lot longer.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
The new battery life;

0604fbc3.jpg

CBR1000RR Fireblade
what ever they did, it as sorted the battery life (for now) if it starts playing up again i am going back for new battery fitting

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I had to charge the phone because the battery was low, I have left it on for a few hours and again it will not fully charge. Stupid thing, looks like I am going for a replacement battery then.