ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple TV any good?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
JB from scratch using seasonpass and then go from there.

I use ATV black from firecore as im a high roller.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I did that last night Tom, the video I posted was filmed after I restored it. I tried ATV Black but Plex didn't work on that either.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i installed plex 8.2 over the top of the plex from the maintance folder

Citroen DS3 DSport
I installed Icefilms plugin last night. Not bad but the interface is terrible and of the 5 files I tried to play only 2 worked.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I installed Icefilms plugin last night. Not bad but the interface is terrible and of the 5 files I tried to play only 2 worked.

It's good considering it's free.

I'm going back to XBMC now, cannot get Plex working at all. If any one has any luck give me a poke.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Been looking at that as its only $20, but can't really see how I will benefit from it over what I have now, unless it includes iplayer/4od/itv player?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Works fine on mine.

bcdd18c6-3ac5-e9dc.jpg

bcdd18c6-3ad2-b90e.jpg

Last edited:
  SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Yeah, on the Plex forums it works fine for loads of other people too. Seems really odd that it won't work for me.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
From memory i installed the old plex first then updated over the top with 8.2 (shows up as 9.0.0 for some reason)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah i posted it in the thread earlier

DISCLAIMER:

This is a pre-release of the fix that you are waiting for. B0bben just became father for the second time and is a wee-bit busy, I have built a package that works for me on 4.4 firmware. BUT I wouldn't be surprised if it crashed for a lot of people. Don't try this package if you do not know how to downgrade and upgrade manually with apt-get. MMMKEY?

Anyway, here we go: http://home.hieta.se...application.deb

wget http://home.hieta.se/~tru/plex-atv/pre-builds/PLEX.frapplication.deb ; dpkg -i PLEX.frapplication.deb

0.8.2.pre-release. Please report success or failure.

BMW F31

Tom, I used ATV flash on my original ATV Gen1, after restoring my ATV2 at the weekend after problems with xbmx I logged into my Firecore account to see an update deal for lifetime upgrades.

I'm quite tempted to take advantage as the hassle free updates for ATV Black are appealing.

How do you find ATV Black? What are the features you use the most?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Is ATV Black worthwhile, why choose it for media playback rather than the other free JB options which are available?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
*sigh*

f**king thing. Isn't a network issue either, since the Mac and the ATV are both on ethernet during that.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Rav4
SMB on Lion & XBMC, fail?

Apparently SMB doesn't work on Lion properly, is that correct?

Recently upgraded to Lion, so was going to setup XBMC but could not find the mac, through further research, it would appear that apple have changed how they use the SMB protocol.

Any thoughts ?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Yeah. SMB doesn't work correctly on Lion. If you want to stream media use either Apple's built in networking technologies with XBMC or use PS3 Media Streamer and UPNP.

Rav4
Yeah. SMB doesn't work correctly on Lion. If you want to stream media use either Apple's built in networking technologies with XBMC or use PS3 Media Streamer and UPNP.

PS3 media streamer seems to make my fans speed up big time. What settings are the apples built in networking that I need to use for XBMC?

Thanks for the update.

It's wierd how iOS apps aren't part of Apple TV - so much potential there. It could essentially be a (simple) game console that you could control with your iPhone or iPad.

Makes you think they've got something else up thier sleeves..

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its an iOS companion box, if you put apps on it then ipad/iphone or even mac sales could suffer.

I seriously doubt that - they'd be used in conjunction with one another. Well the TV & iPhone/iPad would.

In fact I'm sure I saw a video a while back of someone doing exactly what I'm talking about. Or I may have dreamt it.

Ho hum.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Don't hold your breath waiting for it though as the BBC have said that they are concentrating solely on the iPad iPlayer app for the next year.