ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple TV - very slow

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
So following on from this thread: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ing-iPad-screen-audio-on-screen-home-threatre

I bought an Apple TV at the weekend and have now setup it all up. However, im beginning to wish i hadnt bothered, as even when trying to do something as simple as listen to iTunes music via Home Sharing with my pc in the other room, it is simply ruddy slow. It just seems to buffer (with the swirly round loading circle thing) for ages and not actually do anything.

Any suggestions?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah, its almost certainly your wireless network.

Have you tried playing non-local content? Like a youtube video?

Last edited:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Yeah, its almost certainly your wireless network.

Have you tried playing non-local content? Like a youtube video?

Not yet, only played around with it for a little while so far.

My wireless network is literally just an O2 wireless router that all my devices then connect to - how would i go about speeding that up? Some kind of signal booster?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Dave is your computer in your spare room and where's your router? Possible to wire up the computer to the router? O2 routers aren't that bad from experience.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Dave is your computer in your spare room and where's your router? Possible to wire up the computer to the router? O2 routers aren't that bad from experience.

Computer - spare room
Router - cupboard next to the front door (where the BT socket is)
Apple TV - living room
iPad/iPhone/Netbook - all work ok anywhere in the house

mk2 182
You have to be careful how many devices are connected to a wireless router. Mine runs fine but know the devices attached could be quicker. I was thinking of buying an "airport express" heard great reviews.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Computer - spare room
Router - cupboard next to the front door (where the BT socket is)
Apple TV - living room
iPad/iPhone/Netbook - all work ok anywhere in the house

I have the same setup. Try rebooting the router, sounds simple usually works with the o2 routers.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
As above first.

Otherwise is the computer old and likely to have a slow wifi card?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
o2 routers are pony, like really.

I went out and bought a decent one after two weeks.

Then when I cancelled the contract they demanded it back. Tossers.

Try 2 things

1. separate your wireless and wired networks. Wired direct into the O2 router and wireless into a wireless router off the O2 router and switch off the wireless on the O2 router.

2. Restart your Apple TV with a soft reset. Hold the menu and down key down for 8 seconds and the Apple TV will restart, I have to do it relatively frequently since adding Netflix to it.