ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple TV

Does anyone experience issues with IF? For example, you click on a film and then it waits, states working then just doesn't load?

In the past I got buffering issues, but clearing the cache sorts it.

Think I had 2.5GB of cache the last time I checked, vids wouldn't load, or would pause after a few minutes.

I have problems where It'll play for ~ hour, then pause, buffer for like ten mins, say cache full before it could finish, continues playing for about two mins, then buffers again for ten mins, says cache full again, then continues playing for about two mins and so on and so on...

I have problems where It'll play for ~ hour, then pause, buffer for like ten mins, say cache full before it could finish, continues playing for about two mins, then buffers again for ten mins, says cache full again, then continues playing for about two mins and so on and so on...

Clear the cache then.

E46 320D Tourer!
Right, having read through this thread and seeing what people have said, I'm gonna have to head out and get one ASAP! Can someone PM me details about j-breaking please! Shall say no more!

How do I do this lol?

This.

I had a couple of issues recently with XBMC and the IF addon. It was either buffering for 20mins+, or not playing at all.

Last night, I found you can clear ATV's cache by SSH-ing in (for reference clear everything in these two folders);

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/LocalAndRental

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/Other

No more buffering/stuttering on content. I'll keep an eye on it.

6/468 17poo
A stupid question - once the ATV is jail broken will it still work with iphones and itunes to stream music over airplay? im thinking of having another one somewhere in my house for music/tv

A stupid question - once the ATV is jail broken will it still work with iphones and itunes to stream music over airplay? im thinking of having another one somewhere in my house for music/tv

Yes, makes no difference to the standard functions.

BG 182
jailbroke mine again this morning after months of being in a box due to moving house. before it was packed away i could not get it to see my mac in the SMB file sharing.
well this morning it is all up and running and can see my mac so i can now stream, which im extremely happy about. now im installing Aeon skin and need to get it all configured

RIP Dan
Netflix wise on ATV....

You accessing Netflix uk through the internet menu on ATV or Plex/XMBC plugin?

I have got a login and can view on my iMac but when I try the plugin through Plex it doesn't work and through the internet menu on ATV it asks me to sign in then just says not working come back later.

Nissan Jewk
I followed the seas0npass guide to jailbreak, everything was going ok - itunes then attempted to restore as it said it would. Just as the whole thing was finishing up, I got an Error 9. Haven't had a chance to connect ATV up to the TV to see if it was successful or not but I'm assuming not.

Anyone else had this error?

I'm surprised theres no sign of Spotify on the Apple tv.

I'd sign up for premium membership in an instant if there was; especially now theres cool little apps on there (namely the lyrics one).

I know you can do it via streaming from the iOS app. But that's not the same. Shame.

As you were..

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Can you get this to work backwards?

or example, I have my CCTV recording to my DVR which is plugged in via VGA to my Samsung 32" TV

IF I added Apple TV, could I get it to show my cameras on my iPad 2? cause that would be hella cool!

Rav4
Mainly so you can install XBMC/Plex which enables a much greater streaming ability.
Plus you can install add ons such as TVcatchup, Iplayer, 4od etc.

My Plex has suddenly stopped working, it'll see the movies from the NAS but as soon as you load one up, Plex shuts down and I return back to the ATV2 main menu.

Anyhow, what james said. It's an excellent reason so Jailbreak it.

RIP Dan
Am I being a tard? Can I play a DVD in my mac and stream it through Plex or something to my ATV??