ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple TV

RIP Dan
So, my next stupid question.....

I have my iMac with Plex on it and my ATV with Plex client on it.

Also have a macbook, any way I can put something on it so I can stream to that from my iMac??

Just Plex Media Centre on the MB, open it up and as long as your on the same network it will show the different sections (Movies, TV shows etc) as your Apple TV will. You can even add iPlayer and 4oD on as well.

RIP Dan
Fcuking Apple sharing, can see my iMac on the Mccbook but not any folders. The films folder is ticked shared and in sharing files are ticked.

May set them on fire today.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I got min Xmas eve job 4.3 unteathered got plex, xbmc, and a few other bits on it... Got a few resporitarys on xbmc all works fine lol... I got a external hdd that plugs in to my router via USB... Effectively giving me a Nas drive all my media files on the hdd and xbmc and plex see's it all fine and works.... Happy as I could possibly be tbh :) connected to my onkyo 609 and my 50" plasma :)

I'm trying to jailbreak my Apple TV, using seasonpass, I've got to the bit where you plug it in, and hold the two buttons on the remote, but nothings happening when I hold the two buttons?

RIP Dan
Preferences, advanced and disable capability preferences. You should get a few more then.

I have tried loading some US channels but they don't work. Some will let you watch stuff, like family guy for 1 minute or so then they go off.

Im no expert so don't necessarily think there are not ways around this, just no one has told me.

FXUK looked OK but I can't get much in it working.

Plex and XBMC work on mine. Well XBMC does with add ons.

Weird thing is though, When I go into preferences on Plex on my ATV, I get the title "preferences" at the top of the screen, but no actual options? Just press menu and it quits back out. So I can't change my region?

I'm guessing mine thinks its in the US, hence why I'm not getting Iplayer, 4od etc??

RIP Dan
James, preferences on your Plex server (iMac or PC or whatever) not apple tv mate. Unless you have already done it.

Cheers Bully. Disabled that thing in Advanced Preferences on my Plex server.
Still not seeing them in region restricted plugins though, just more american ones.

Although when I go into all available plugins, 4od is at the top!

When I go to install though I click install, on my Apple TV, then an "install" heading comes up, but nothings happening?!

Think my Plex on my ATV might be messed up?

I like my Apple TV. I'd love it if i could get iPlayer & LoveFilm on it without jailbreaking it - can't be bothered with that.

I'd love it even more if I could properly stream my iTunes library to it, but I'm not that bothered about that. For now.

I'm sure the Beeb said something about iPlayer coming once they'd released the native iPhone app. Then with Netflix launching over here next year, you'd expect that to launch on Apple TV as it is in the states - so maybe, just maybe LoveFilm will waddle across too. Because I sometimes fancy watching poor quality old films - who doesn't.

Yes, I can get them both on my PS3, but that does't have an apple logo and make my penis big and opinions right.

RIP Dan
Cheers Bully. Disabled that thing in Advanced Preferences on my Plex server.
Still not seeing them in region restricted plugins though, just more american ones.

Although when I go into all available plugins, 4od is at the top!

When I go to install though I click install, on my Apple TV, then an "install" heading comes up, but nothings happening?!

Think my Plex on my ATV might be messed up?

when that heading comes up just press the button on the control, it should do a restart and the channel will be installed when you go and look. Or just go back and have a look if it doesn't restart, thats how it works on mine.

Yea cheers Bully, realised that now. They're stored under channels.

Being able to compare the XBMC and Plex plug ins, I'd say the XBMC Plugins for Catchup TV, Iplayer etc seem to work better for me.

RIP Dan
Yea cheers Bully, realised that now. They're stored under channels.

Being able to compare the XBMC and Plex plug ins, I'd say the XBMC Plugins for Catchup TV, Iplayer etc seem to work better for me.

I can't get XMBC working, it won't see my shared iMac folders under the workgroup folder on ATV. Done all the apple sharing thing on my iMac but it just won't work. b*****d.

Yea I got mine to see my network hard drive.
But I don't really have much in the way of content stored. So mainly use it for streaming.

So Just installed a load of XBMC Add-ons. TVcatchup shows program information on XBMC, and Ice films, I know we shouldn't mention it, is epic.

Bully you tried asking on the XBMC Forum, were helpful for me!

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Google is throwing up some random results so thought I'd ask here.

Treated myself to a Denon Av receiever over Christmas. NOt having much luck getting 5.1 over hdmi am I right in assuming 5.1 is only available via optical?