ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arctic Blue 182 fixer upper

Megane 225 F1
Hi guys. After some thoughts on the following..

I've come across a 54 Clio 182 in arctic blue. Mileage is a little higher at 126k, and it's got no MOT (has been sitting 2years). Engine was apparently running when sat up, though not now. Has some service history., but would be due, and no cambelt of late that I can see.

Couple things body wise to clean up but nothing drastic...and overall the body is pretty good actually (no rust).

£400 delivered is what he's after.
V5 not in his name, but HPI clear and says he will provide a full receipt.

Seem like a good project, and I would hope would be worth a lot more if I got it running again and took care of some of the issues? Thoughts? Worth the risk? Thanks

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I’d go for it for the sake of 400 quid. If it’s got the standard cat still you can sell that and you’re already in profit on it.

Worst cast the engine is gone. You can get a replacement for around £300, do the belts done at the same time and away you go

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Worth a punt for £400 surely, I bet there is rust though. Look under the fuel cap, around rear beam mounts, actually the whole rear underside and around the brakeline brackets in the front arches.

I'd say 126k is low miles too, only 7k a year

Megane 225 F1
Thanks guys...appreciate the input!
I went for it. Not has chance to fully check it all out...but wondering what this is!? Any thoughts? Little box with light and buttons below the traction control switch..looks like a diy job.
20210327_123400.jpg