ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are 15" wheels too small on a 182?

Civic Type R
Been looking at some new wheels for the 182. Mine are the anthracite 16" ones but are really bady kerbed ( by previous owner and mrs... and probably me too lol)

Seen some nice 15" black multispoke ( innovit rapid) , but was wondering whether these would look too small on the car?

Also seem some 17" black multispoke ( same as the 15"'s) ... but would these be too big.

I am toying with the idea of getting mine refurbed, but also would need some tyres soon.

What you guys / Girls think?

Wayne;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
17 would be too big. 15's are great, have a search for pics of drrollo's car.

Titanium Silver 182 FF
DrRollos clio on 15's with cup suspension, looks fine to me

trackday012.jpg

If the wheels were any other colour it mite not look right, but i think its fine

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
me you win :eek:

2118's for me all the way... 16" turinis - Awesome untill you have to buy new tyres

200 FF Storm Grey
15's dont look right regardless of their handling benefits

*runs for the hills*

16's ftw, 17's dont suit clio arches imo

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mine have alreay paid for themselves from the monnies i've saved.

2 Pirelli tyres fitted for £90 FTW!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Only 2118's look right in 15's mate.

16's turinis or just re-furb what you have.

That inferno looks terrible with those wheels!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
15's on ph1's work a treat, for some reason on ph2's I think they look underwheeled on 15's I think its the front and back bumpers being bigger that make the whole thing look a tad strange.

Totally depends on wheel choice too I guess, some designs 'look' different sizes.

Tav

Clio 197
The 172's came with 15's but they don't seem to have huge arch gap in comparison to a 182 on the cup suspension with 15's? Are the springs different lengths on the 172/182 given that the wheels are different sizes?

RSC 182 Cup
DrRollos clio on 15's with cup suspension, looks fine to me

trackday012.jpg

If the wheels were any other colour it mite not look right, but i think its fine

Any idea what size tyres are fitted above? My guess (from it's appearance) would be 195/50 which are smaller in overall diameter than 205/45R16's - and would make it appear higher.

Even 205/50R15 is slightly smaller than 205/45R16 but would make it look better.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
On the 106 forum, they weighed a few wheels. The 2118's in 15" were 2kg per corner heavier than steel wheels. 8kg each.

Ultra Red Megane 225
im on 15" turbines, I heart them. I did step down from 17's though so quite a swop. Car feels totally different on them

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
Very wise words by Yozza quoted from http://www.readyforthetrack.co.uk/

"What’s the thinking behind using 15″ Wheels on track? Is this better than going for 17″ or even 18″s?
Lighterweight wheels and cheaper tyres is the answer that most people won’t give you - they will talk about the centre of gravity and technical gubbins. Cheaper tyres is the one that most people won’t divulge to save face. The old clio cup race cars ran on 15″ tyres so 2nd hand full slicks were easy to come by as well as A048R’s. These are no longer so easy to come by, but Toyo R888’s and Kumho V70-A’s are, so its easy enough to understand why people chose 15″. I would recommend a gravel rally wheel (which is heavier than most 15″) wheels, but it means that you won’t be bending wheels left right and centre. We recommend and deal with Speedline as we are very happy with the products that they offer and the range of fitments for the RenaultSport range.
Please contact us for more information.
With 17″ wheels, you can’t get as low as on the 15″ wheels without hacking the inner aches.
18″ Wheels just don’t fit - end of story - sorry"

02 plate 172
Is there a "standard" or OE wheel 15in wheel that I could use to replace the five spokes (16'x 195x45 IIRC) that my 02' plate came with? I'm not too fussed about looks but would like too find a set of cheap rims that won't cost me the earth.

I have seen very similar looking wheels on later, smaller engined models, and wondered if it would be worth sourcing a set. But I would prefer not to mess about with different offsets etc..

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5
Rest of world only got 15" wheels on ph2 172's

145-4559_IMGs.jpg

For looks I would like to go bigger, but we shall see. I'm more into the sleeper look anyways.

Besides it just depends what side you are on if they look too small or not :D
024s.jpg

017s.jpg