ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are 15" wheels too small on a 182?

02 plate 172
Mmmm, so if the rest of the entire world has 172's with 15in rims, it's not unreasonable to assume that the car was developed on 15s and it's only us fashion-victim brits that got wheels that are too big and expensive.

That ph2 172 does look right

RSC 182 Cup
All our Aussie 172's came with 15" rims, the 182 models were the first with 16" rims. I don't think they're the best option on the substandard roads we have when combined with Cup suspension.

I think the main thing is to make sure to fit 205/50R15 tyres on the 182's to keep the rolling diameter close to the same. 195/50R15 is smaller in diameter (as well as being narrower) and will naturally not look right.

b/g 182, meg tourer
yes 2118's ar4e pretty heavy but extremely stong.
15" ultraleggeras would be awesome, super light! im tempted to swap mine for 15" wheels for cheaper tyre price. just not sure what a 182 on sportlines and 15" would look like. too much arch gap i bet.

330Ci Clubsport
Im considering going to 16s from 15s even for track use. Car seems bit less scrabbly with them. Even though the tyres are dearer :(

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
yes indeed the rest of the world has 15's on the 172, either ph1 or ph2, I can sustain this as I'm not from UK either.

02 plate 172
OK, so I've seen UK Clio's on 15in rims in the same design as the 16's on my (UK spec) 172, but they look to be running 185's instead of 195's. does that mean that if I try to get some 15's on the UK S/H market they'll be narrower than the same design "proper 172" 15's that the rest of the world got?

And just to make things even more complicated, does anyone run 205 profile tyres on 16in 172 alloys? I've seen it done on 182's.

The Clio RS (172 Ph2 & 182) were sold in Mexico with 15" wheels fitted as standard.

I think the setup is ok and very comfort to drive with those tire size on bumpy roads.

And about tire price, if your looking for a set of 15" as track tires you can't go wrong because 15" tires are cheaper than 16" tires.

Civic Type S GT
Inovit Rapid's are the nuts!!! If they did a 16" then I'd have no hesitation in buying them.

RB 182 cup
i think 15s are fine ;-)

18072009473.jpg