ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are any insurers reasonable when it comes to changing car mid-policy?

BMW E46 330i Touring
As the title, does anyone know of an insurer that doesn't bend over someone who decides to change car mid-policy?

I had to pay extra to move from a 172 Cup to the Bora when I changed before and I'd rather not do that again this year when I change cars...

BMW E46 330i Touring
Are the changes in premium genuinely reflective of the alternative insurance groups? When I changed to the Bora I was told there was no admin fee but the policy was more expensive as the Cup was on a "special deal" which they couldn't honour...

Depends when you change tbh. normally if the car is a lower group it will either drop a little, or not at all if near the end of the policy.

Bux

Golf GTD
Some companies try and take the piss.
When i got my 197 i was just under 1 month into my policy on my 1.2, which cost me £900 for the year.

When i rang up to change over the car he said it would be £1500 on top of what i was already paying.... so £2400!!

So i immediately said no and that i was going to cancel. £50 admin fee for canceling, and i took out a new quote of £1681

Old company was Admiral and the new company is Elephant, which i find strange seeing as they're the same company

Some companies try and take the piss.
When i got my 197 i was just under 1 month into my policy on my 1.2, which cost me £900 for the year.

When i rang up to change over the car he said it would be £1500 on top of what i was already paying.... so £2400!!

So i immediately said no and that i was going to cancel. £50 admin fee for canceling, and i took out a new quote of £1681

Old company was Admiral and the new company is Elephant, which i find strange seeing as they're the same company

LOL! admiral gave me a refund of £60 when i insured the 200. (im only 20)