ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are loud Exhausts on a 172/182 Chavvy?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Loud systems pi$$ me reet off........ Fine on a weekend car etc, but everyday, no. 197 is perfect :)

182 Cup
In my opinion 95% of people on the roads seeing an RS with a loud exhaust will see it as chavy - mainly because they see it as a 1.2 shopping car with a loud exhaust. It's not their fault, they don't know any better.

clio 182
iv had a full systwm on mine now for over a year, its not loud when its on idle but as soon i put the foot down she raws like a beauty, wouldnt mind going a little louder though, it doesnt set car alarms off like my old fiesta mk6, (yet)!!!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm hoping to get mine to a similar Sound as Christopher's, Got Magnex on at the minute and getting a New Centre Section with No Silencer made up very soon and I'm running a Decat so shoud hopefully get a Nice Rasp to it :D

Current ride - my Adidas!
Loud when pressing on and quiet(ish) when in traffic or on the motorway is the way forward:)

Couldnt agree more. I was running mine until the last few weeks with a standard zorst but pipercross filter. Roared like buggery when on the go pedal but most of the time pretty much like normal which is ideal I think. Lovely and responsive too. Back to standard now as selling but miss that induction music!

182 RB FF
iv had a full systwm on mine now for over a year, its not loud when its on idle but as soon i put the foot down she raws like a beauty, wouldnt mind going a little louder though, it doesnt set car alarms off like my old fiesta mk6, (yet)!!!

What do you have at the minute then mate?

vers le haut doigt milieu
Everything depends on hows its used Jeremy, people have meny conflicting opinions but the general consensus in this thread is it depends on how its applied.

ST
Hi..

th_0c4099c5.jpg

Loud exhausts on none performance cars are chavvy, loud exhausts on performance cars are good, as they normally soudn purposefull not silly

audi a6 3.0tdi
i'd have to sell the clio if it wasn't loud its all part of the experience of it, i had mine like that for two years. My new one is loud aswell but i've got the diesel for daily driving now so don't have to put up with it every day. imo its only chavvy if you sit there revving the tits off it in traffic or on a carpark lol

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
YES YES YES YES YES!!! my 172 has this awful massive peco fitted that is hanging off that previous owner fitted, im going back to standard next week.

HEY EVERY1 IVE JUST HIT 100 POSTS WHOOOOO

320d
The 1*2's sound powerful when you put a loud exhaust on them, where as if i put one on mine it would just sound chavvy. Imo of corse.

Missed my Clio & DC2 Now
i bought a loud exhaust from ktec
I had sent them lots of email to ask how it sound after i fit it
They just told me, it would be a bit louder than my standard one.
The fact told me "IT IS NOT"
Spend 250 to buy a loud exhaust lol

clio 172 cup
buying a exhaust for a clio RS has got to be for noise as power u must get 1-2bhp ?
decat and manifold for the power

Evo 8 MR
I wouldn't say so but certain types are such as big bores and other things that stick out under the bumper and just don't go with the car at all but there is nothing wrong with a good quality make to get the sound that your engine deserves as the standard zorst doesn't do it any justice.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Anyone who doesnt think that exhausts are chavvy is a bit dillusional if you ask me....

I know for a fact everybody thinks im a total chav nob head since getting the exhaust on my car.....do I care? Do I f**k!

clio 172 cup
theres nothing wrong with having a quick car with a loud exhaust just aslong as its not got more than 2 exhausts like the 197,182 or is big enough to put ya head in 3" max

think it's another 'horses for courses' thing; i like a sporty exhaust on my cars as it adds character but am too old for anything particularly noisy; i'd probably have loved it 10+ years ago and it did sound good whilst blipping for downshifts, but the decat i tried on mine was otherwise embarrassing

GP T-jet
if you dont want much noise but power gains buy supsprint. proven gains.

i dont know how you guys feel about supersprint tho as im new to this forum.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
The Supersprint Exhaust that they produced for the 182 was Incredibly Loud IIRC

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i got asked why i had a stupid loud exhaust on my car and got a bit defensive arguing it was over £1k's worth of performance exhaust parts lol but didnt make any difference so now i just smile when i get asked it

Missed my Clio & DC2 Now
change decat and remap it, it will show you when you start at 4000rpm
(personal comment!! if i am wrong, dont blame on me)

Black Gold Trophy
I dont think loud exhausts are chavy, after all a lot of super cars have loud exhausts and I dont think many chavs can afford them.
But when I see some sh*tty car with lexarse lights and tsw alloys with some crappy 'universal fit' 5 inch diameter scrap metal hanging out the rear bumper I'm much of the opinion it's chavy!

Missed my Clio & DC2 Now
i hate people who put the lexarse lights on clio, that's shxt lolv

I got a 4.5 inch tailpipe=.="" too big for me