ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are loud Exhausts on a 172/182 Chavvy?

personally i think having a loud exhaust on a 172/182 is all good. adds to the fun.

however large loud engine sound is much better than loud exhaust sound!!

RS RIP
would never have thought this thread would last this long.

seems that a lot of people are interested if they are annoying other people :quiet: :D ;)

Clio 172 mk2
In my opinion 95% of people on the roads seeing an RS with a loud exhaust will see it as chavy - mainly because they see it as a 1.2 shopping car with a loud exhaust. It's not their fault, they don't know any better.

Nail on the head

TBH I'd rather not be seen as being a chav/bellend so decided to keep the exhaust note (and tailpipe) discreet

Mk2 Golf
i dont think its seen a chavvy surely just boy racerish?

painting your car 5 different colours, putting a bodt kit on your car and painting it an opposite colour (yellow car and black kit comes to mind) thats chavvy.

but yeah people see a clio and automatically think its a 1.2. when hte guards at my work searched my car for the first time and asked what engine was in it they couldnt quite believe there was a 2.0 in such a wee car. Same with my Ibiza when i told them it was a 1.8T.

who cares that folk think though eh? paint your car 10 colours if you want! haha

330Ci Sport Convertible
Magnex on mine is not to bad under normal driving or gentle acceleration but hit the loud pedal to hard and its deafening,i hate it. Worse is the horrible low bellowing noise at about 4000rpm. It will be coming off asap.

Impreza WRX
hey guys, ive got a custom system made up, got a decat, removed centre section, and a one off backbox, and its ridiculous loud on my 172.

i knew it was gonna be, but done it anyway! Love it