ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are these Speedline Corse 2020 in Magnesium?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Stamped on the inside with a part number which ends in MG.

4x100 ET37, so clio fitment? Will just need spigot rings I think?

2-3.jpg

1-4.jpg

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Anyone know? Anyone got a set of these on a clio? I've emailed Speedline, but havn't heard back.

Am I right in thinking these are £1000 new without tyres (2020 Magnesium)??

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
SCz_2118.jpg

SCz_2020.jpg

Am I right with these images? Mine are 2118's?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Look like 2118s to me.

If they're light, they'll be the Mags. If they're not (i.e. can't tell the difference between that and a normal Clio wheel) it'll be the normal cast ones.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
They didn't seem that light, probably the same as a 15 inch OZ F1.

try weighing one and seeing if you can look up how much a MG rim should weigh. 195/50/15 tyres weigh about 5kg

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
They are 2118's cast aluminium. Mg is part of the Aluminium code they use.

Cheers.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Bear in mind there's f**k all weight difference between standard oz f1's and mag ones. Have you googled the model number?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
i emailed speedline, they said they were cast aluminium 2118.

Italian 3.2 V6
myn OZ F1s mag wheels weigh 4.5kg (without tyre) each.. stanard oz f1s weigh around 7.5/8kg iirc

iirc i think they weigh a kg hevier than mine if magnesium, 5.5kg. and 9/10kg standard.

all above are without tyres.. add on 7-9kg for a tyre

the only reason the 2118/2020s are heavy is due to the design of them... thick n chunky.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
myn OZ F1s mag wheels weigh 4.5kg (without tyre) each.. stanard oz f1s weigh around 7.5/8kg iirc

iirc i think they weigh a kg hevier than mine if magnesium, 5.5kg. and 9/10kg standard.

all above are without tyres.. add on 7-9kg for a tyre

Ive had a mag one and a standard one in each hand. There isn't that big a difference. I owned 4 of each at the same time. The oz f1's a light wheel as standard.

Lionel Richie
the cup racers started off on mag oz F1's (back when they had phs1 front ends), they bent and cracked so they swapped to the 2118's (non embossed)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Iirc the cup racers used the mag ones for strength rather than weight

It would be just for the weight tbh, they're certainly not strong.

i thought the mag ones were no where near as strong as the cast ones

The latter is correct, magnesium is a relatively soft metal and buckle very easily, so avoid potholes on the road and you'd definitely do one in if you hit a big rumble strip on a circuit.