ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arggg! ringtones on iPhone 3G??

Been trying the guides on Youtube but the new iTunes UK doesnt have a ringtones tab on itunes to drag the new m4R into?

Any ideas? Dont wanna jailbreak the phone

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Been trying the guides on Youtube but the new iTunes UK doesnt have a ringtones tab on itunes to drag the new m4R into?

Any ideas? Dont wanna jailbreak the phone

Use garageband mate, you can create ringtones in that.

iTunes 8.0.1. Updated this morning. Quite a few glitches im having to fix.
Yeah snoop.. got it down to 29seconds

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
iTunes 8.0.1. Updated this morning. Quite a few glitches im having to fix.
Yeah snoop.. got it down to 29seconds

Humn. When you "expand" the iPhone (so it shows all the sections on the library/store/devices/playlist tree) in iTunes, can you see a ringtone section there?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Just a thought, in:

iTunes/Preferences/General

Ringtones is ticked isn't it?

haha! ledge!

Ok now i have the ringtones subfolder... but the track wont go in it :(
changed it to 29 seconds... changed it to an m4r and in finder in says its a ringtone :S any ideas?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
haha! ledge!

Ok now i have the ringtones subfolder... but the track wont go in it :(
changed it to 29 seconds... changed it to an m4r and in finder in says its a ringtone :S any ideas?

It's always the simple things that you miss!

You can't use a straight aac (m4a) file anymore, you have to use one that's been specifically encoded as a ringtone. Not sure how you created it, but if you use garageband, everything will be peachy! ;)

VaVa
Sorry for being dumb..... I'm considering an iPhone next month..... are you saying you can't have an mp3 as a ringtone?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Sorry for being dumb..... I'm considering an iPhone next month..... are you saying you can't have an mp3 as a ringtone?

You have to convert it into a ringtone and then import it into iTunes.

VaVa
I was playing with my mates (iPhone!) the other day. He was trying to tell me that you can't forward text messages?

I really liked it, loved the screen and the interface but it's little things like poor camera and no video that are holding me back. It seems an excellent phone but I can't help thinking how good it could have been!

Tappd'd RS
Anyone got a tutorial for making a ringtone in garageband - i've never used it before.

Only had a Mac 2 days too! :)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Anyone got a tutorial for making a ringtone in garageband - i've never used it before.

Only had a Mac 2 days too! :)

1) Start Garageband
2) Drag song from iTunes into garageband
3) (menu) Share/Send ringtone to iTunes
4) If the track is more than 40 seconds, it will tell you to press the adjust button..you will notice a selectiion bar appears above the song, use the mouse to adjust this to the desired part of the song you want. If it was less than 40 seconds, then job done, your ringtone is in iTunes.

Tappd'd RS
Cheers mate - got one sorted now. Shame you can't make ringtones from songs you've downloaded from iTunes. :(

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Cheers mate - got one sorted now. Shame you can't make ringtones from songs you've downloaded from iTunes. :(

You can, but you'd need to burn the song to cd and then re-import it and use the instructions I posted earlier.

Some of the tracks on the iTunes store allow you to create ringtones from them in iTunes itself.