ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Au revoir French tin, Guten tag new toy!

Z4
For those that don't know me, here is my old steed:
clio182.jpg

Soon for sale! cough cough.

I've been trawling through AT and PH for the past half a year for a z4 I was happy to part my money with, and I finally found one.
It's the exact spec I was after; Manual, Dream red electric leather heated memory M sport seats, parking sensors, cruise control, xenons, optional wind deflector, Carver 10 speaker sound upgrade, multifunctional steering wheel, etc...

Without further ado, here's a handful of photos (apologies for the lack of photos but I've been too busy playing tbh, I'll get more when the sun comes out again!)

It's old home..
z4-1.jpg

With my old mans Sti.
z42.jpg

z44.jpg

z43.jpg

It's sapphire black, with 108s.
I've never owned a black car, but I can already tell it's going to make my OCD worse! It could do with a correction imo, which I may pay a pro for as I spent far too much of my own man hours correcting my clio paintwork and that's supposedly soft paint compared to bmws.

All in all I'm really liking this one, it's perfect for my needs. I made my first modification within 5 minutes of it sitting in the drive haha, sound generator mod makes it sound as it should.

Any questions just ask!

Cheers, Chris

Z4
Cheers!
I forgot to mention, its got a full main dealer BMW service history & non run flat Michelin ps all round :)

One of the best buys I've done in a while, patience paid off!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Do what Rob should have done and get some CSLs on it.

If you do refurb the 108s make sure you don't snap any of the bolts they're properly sensitive.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Awesome choice mate, proper awesome spec.

I can't quite believe you found one with that spec.

Sport Seats - Jealous
10 Speaker - Jealous
Xenons - Jealous
Wind deflector and steering wheel - Jealous.

One thing, those seat bolsters look like they need a bit of help, there's a place in bradford that does retrims of just the bolsters, he sources the leather from BMW and everything. Worth a shot IMO.

Oh and I have a couple of good people to contact for the CSL rims, let me know if you want putting through :)

Z4
Love it.

How does it compare to the 182 in acceleration?

In a race, there wouldn't be a huge difference.
0-100mph is 14.9 compared to the Clio at 17 seconds (if it's a healthy one!)

Its the real world driving where it becomes obvious you have a 3.0 pulling you along, the low down torque is excellent for a n/a, 30mph 5th gear and it will accelerate without any real problems. It's so silky smooth it's ridiculous, really nice gear change too.

This is probably sacrilege, but I actually prefer the day to day driving ability over my old M3.
Yes the M is faster and more focuessed, but for the sort of driving you do 95% of the time on the uk roads this is nicer. M3 is highly strung where you get a real reward for thrashing the hell out of it, whereas this is torquey and has lots of power on tap when you need it; but it won't reward as much when you're driving it in anger.

Last edited:
  Z4
Awesome choice mate, proper awesome spec.

I can't quite believe you found one with that spec.

Sport Seats - Jealous
10 Speaker - Jealous
Xenons - Jealous
Wind deflector and steering wheel - Jealous.

One thing, those seat bolsters look like they need a bit of help, there's a place in bradford that does retrims of just the bolsters, he sources the leather from BMW and everything. Worth a shot IMO.

Oh and I have a couple of good people to contact for the CSL rims, let me know if you want putting through :)

Thankyou young sir.
I LOVE the seats! My favourite thing about the car haha, so adjustable and they look proper.
They don't need a retrim, they're actually in pretty good condition just a little wear which I plan to treat with the power of gliptone or something similar.

Have you protected your roof? I want to clean it up and protect it etc, wasn't sure what to use?

I certainly wouldn't say no to some info on some CSLs :D

Z4
Quality Chris!

Great buy, and great spec too.

I really really wanted one but a Z4 for a "1 car household" just didn't add up.

Shame! Wouldn't make much sense for you unfortunately, your Clio will save you money in the long run anyway, things
like this are never too cheap to run lol.

Cheers.

I've just put the aa parts and labour breakdown cover on it, seems like a good idea.
Has anyone used this? Got some questions if so!

Z4
I've owned the zed a little while now so here's a few updates for you.

I managed to restore the headlights that were looking a little sorry for themselves:

Before
e52d3072.jpg

After
55605ce7.jpg

Different light I know but they were equally misty!

I've plastidipped my front grill Matt black, I wasn't sure if it would suit the car but I'm so glad I did it, makes the front look far more aggressive without looking chav.
One coat
da91dadb27ce2e983229235d1edc85fa.jpg

89bd6abcf119618fada57ed3165a9009.jpg

1aa5372ac5f33e6eb2da3e2e9c9a74a5.jpg

I still haven't decided what I want to do with the rims, originally wanted something with a dish, bbs rs would look insane, but with an upcoming house purchase I'm settling with refurbishing the 108s for now :)

I've only done the one wheel for now, it's quite time consuming!
It's not 100% perfect but it's a marked improvement.
7351d2a53a8ca43a796a8e23ea28a59d.jpg

255cf04974cf470730b0e77815126bc2.jpg

9726f58d95ffdc399b4fa4942859e653.jpg

11272312c6b86e2d24e4c34599773b82.jpg

Im going to sand/paint the insides when I have more time, I hadn't even cleaned the stars for the photos so they're not looking their best!

I've also given the car a 75% machine polish, I'm still waiting on the bonnet as I intend on doing a smart repair to the stonechips etc. The panels that have been completed look great: complete swirl and rds removal, black is a nightmare it oh my does it look good once cared for.

Here's a nasty scuff I waved my magic wand at:
Before
7c029e5edc222d94a5981e78284af1d9.jpg

After
f0eca71757f3d5428e351b8012e2b588.jpg

d8682999c3d7d587bf2e427d07d6436b.jpg

The chip just needs touching in and leveling down with some wet&dry and it will be as good as new!

I don't have any finished photos from the detail, I'll crack out my Nikon at some point for some real shots, these are all straight off the iPhone quick snaps just to show some progress.

All in all, I'm very much still enjoying it!
It gives me..

e6efc6d8ab330d29c70235e54c5fad2c.jpg

lol.

Its a nice place to sit, the seating position is very adjustable despite being so low and everything just feels 'proper'.
The engine is ridiculously smooth, so much so that I find myself driving incredibly slowly everywhere with the roof down enjoying the finer things.
The power delivery is very linear, it's deceptively brisk. There's enough low down torque to keep me entertained which you'd expect from a straight 6, it will happily munch up the miles, sitting at around 2.5k at 80mph it's a real cruiser.

Thats not to say its not fun, because it is. You just need to tell it what to do in that regards as it will gladly get you to your destination with minimal fuss, but when you grab it my the scruff (sports button pressed, dsc off...or half disengaged) the noise is pretty seductive, a great howl! I love how lightweight it is for a BMW (around 1250kg), the turn in is nice a tight, it rides nice and flat in the corners and it will do what you want on the exit of the corner. If you want it to be composed for speed then that's easy, likewise if you want to kick the rear out, I've connected with this car surprisingly well, everything just feels right.
Lightweight, RWD, and a proper engine, what's not to like?

Any questions etc just ask x