ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audenshaw - Scr*te in a white 197/200

911T, V6 255, ST215
This isn't a spotted by me to be fair, but my wife has just rang me quite upset...

Audenshaw Road; to quote her: "some young scr*te in a white Clio like ours" (so I assume 197/200) with a "bump in one of the doors" has just been trying to goad her to race, sat on the back bumper and then overtook ridiculously, cutting back in and nearly wiping her front end out.

While I wasn't there to witness the situation, she rarely complains about other road users and thus I believe your driving to have been dangerous and reckless. My wife might have been driving the same/similar car as you, yet unfortunately, she does not share your passion for driving like a moron. Especially at ten-to-nine during the morning commute!

It's also worth noting that my wife is heavily pregnant, four weeks away from giving birth. I hope you are very proud of yourself. Shame she didn't get your reg as you would be named and shamed.

Either grow up and book a track day or go and play Vin Diesel/Paul Walker with like-minded idiots; not a pregnant lady who was clearly abiding by the 30mph speed limit in place.

David

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think I've seen this one m8 - it's a 200 if its the same one. Twice encountered it in the 182 and the driver has simply blitzed the speed limit in order to 'prove a point'.

Hopefully the missus can calm down from such a tool - given the physical condition she's in at the minute.

​D.

911T, V6 255, ST215
the driver has simply blitzed the speed limit in order to 'prove a point'

Sounds like the guy!

I don't think Mrs is going to go the full four weeks so we are on stand-by.

I don't post on here a lot as you know mate, but she was so upset. She actually said if I see him out and about to "have a word" (euphemism!) but I will see if he tries it on when I am in the car first. I won't be goaded into racing but I will be goaded if you get what I mean.

You will have to come round over the summer and have a look at the new motor.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like the guy!

I don't think Mrs is going to go the full four weeks so we are on stand-by.

I don't post on here a lot as you know mate, but she was so upset. She actually said if I see him out and about to "have a word" (euphemism!) but I will see if he tries it on when I am in the car first. I won't be goaded into racing but I will be goaded if you get what I mean.

You will have to come round over the summer and have a look at the new motor.

Haha! I know exactly what you mean! ;)

Yeah - I'd love to pop round. Not seen the Vee yet. Will be good to get up close to an iliad blue again.

​D.

911T, V6 255, ST215
Cheers guys; I asked her if she got the registration and she didn't unfortunately. She did say she thinks the driver lives on the nearby estate and judging that Darren has seen him in the area, I am guessing he is local.

The funny thing is, I could half see the (twisted) logic in trying to "scalp" a Clio Sport if he was in a sporty Civic, Fiesta or Corsa. Given that he was in the same car (or similar where Darren was concerned when he was in his 182) I just don't see the point, especially when the driver is a woman, a pregnant and thus vulnerable one at that. The guy is clearly an accident waiting to happen...

911T, V6 255, ST215
She thinks Audenshaw but I haven't seen the car before to be honest; it could be anywhere around these parts.

As kangoosport said, given the description, it seems quite recognisable. Probably just the local chav.