ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi S3, mk1 TT, R26 ex/owners

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
So after reading this thread, I found myself browing autotrader and PH.... as you do.

I'm not seriously considering selling my 320d and getting a 225 Audi TT coupe Mk1
I still miss my QS..
14575343189_c12fa5c701_k.jpg

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I'd quite like one in that nice dark blue, or grey. Or black to be honest. Not really a fan of the silver, but it does hide blemishes well.

The only thing I detest is the blue interior. Blue dash and seats are f**king horrific. I do, however, quite like the half leather/alcantara trim.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'd quite like one in that nice dark blue, or grey. Or black to be honest. Not really a fan of the silver, but it does hide blemishes well.

The only thing I detest is the blue interior. Blue dash and seats are f**king horrific. I do, however, quite like the half leather/alcantara trim.
I had the better interior :wink:-

13515304834_8d9a506eb0_k.jpg

Seat Leon Cupra R
The cockpit of the 240 is a lovely place to be. That photo almost makes me want to retrim my Corbeaus in leather :tongueout:

Seat Leon Cupra R
I've never been so convinced by the 3.2. Fantastic sounding bit of kit and NA is always nice, but less powerful than a st1 1.8t model (the price difference would more than cover the cost of a map) and far more expensive to tune. Don't get me wrong, I've had naughty thoughts about converting the V6 to a turbo, but it's considerably more costly to get involved sadly.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Im not to bothered about performance or if it's faster slower than certain cars,just as long as it has some kind of performance for a bit of fun now and then.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah ive lloked at a few of them aswelll,but being a V6 the tax must be quiet abit?
I tax is £300.00 a year. It's post 06 which is when they become expensive.
They sound brilliant. Just as quick as a mapped 225. A few mods and a 225 would be quicker.
They also look considerably better with the spoiler extension, better front bumper etc.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I tax is £300.00 a year. It's post 06 which is when they become expensive.
They sound brilliant. Just as quick as a mapped 225. A few mods and a 225 would be quicker.
They also look considerably better with the spoiler extension, better front bumper etc.

Are they actually? I was always led to believe cars like the R32, A3 3.2 etc sounded great but were really underpowered with the V6 engine due to the weight of the cars.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Are they actually? I was always led to believe cars like the R32, A3 3.2 etc sounded great but were really underpowered with the V6 engine due to the weight of the cars.
A 225 is 1465kgs and a V6 is 1520 so they're heavier but with the TT it makes bugger all difference in real terms.

Seat Leon Cupra R
Factory power:weight is actually slightly favourable on the 3.2 in that case, but the extra is hanging over the front end of course on an already front-heavy chassis.

I've never been so convinced by the 3.2. Fantastic sounding bit of kit and NA is always nice, but less powerful than a st1 1.8t model (the price difference would more than cover the cost of a map) and far more expensive to tune. Don't get me wrong, I've had naughty thoughts about converting the V6 to a turbo, but it's considerably more costly to get involved sadly.

Less powerful than the 1.8T??

My 3.2 was standard. Ran a 14.6 quarter mile time at Santa Pod. The modified 1.8Ts couldn't get hear it on that damp day.

They are more than fast enough. It's the engine noise which makes them, and the fact 1.8Ts look s**t without the V6 kit on them.

Seat Leon Cupra R
The 3.2 has 246bhp (book)
A st1 1.8t (assuming the k04, since nobody wants the early 180bhp TT) will sit at around 265bhp on little more than a decent map.

As I've said, the 3.2 sounds fantastic, and bolt on parts are bolt on. If you're basing a purchase purely on engine noise then that's great, but bang for your buck lies elsewhere in the range.

The 3.2 has 246bhp (book)
A st1 1.8t (assuming the k04, since nobody wants the early 180bhp TT) will sit at around 265bhp on little more than a decent map.

As I've said, the 3.2 sounds fantastic, and bolt on parts are bolt on. If you're basing a purchase purely on engine noise then that's great, but bang for your buck lies elsewhere in the range.

Oh yeah no denying the bank for the buck, especially if you want to start modifying. I coudln't own a 225 if it didn't have the V6 body kit on it though.

V6 also has the DSG option which I don't think the 225 has? (I'd have the manual if I was buying a car now as I do minimal miles, but the car in my family is a DSG and it's seemlessly fast/smooth)

Don't forget the V6 also has better brakes too.

If I was to go back to a TT now, I'd be looking at the QS without a doubt. In Red.

Seat Leon Cupra R
No TT has suitable brakes, that's why you need to fit a set of Brembos off the LCR ;)

Yeah the QS is a nice bit of kit for sure. Basically a factory version of what I was in-eloquently getting at. Would love a DSG to play with but they're not quite on par with modern equivalents from what I've heard. Handy for daily use though I'd have thought. I'm with you on the kit - the V6 is a nicer looking car without a doubt - if I was handed £4k and told to build my ideal TT I'd pick up a rough 225, swap out for V6 aesthetics and fiddle about with a few little bits under the bonnet. Would effectively end up with a more personal spin on the 240 :)

Seat Leon Cupra R
Do they run the 6 speed 02M box, or did they get one of the later sets?

To come full circle and back to CS roots - do I recall seeing some folk fit the 02M gearbox to Clios? May well have just been one random build I've seen in the past, as I've not looked at how difficult it'd be (they're a big heavy lump at the very least), but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere!