ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi S3, mk1 TT, R26 ex/owners

focus st3
13327461_10154192531994641_1904976312043405612_n.jpg

focus st3
Service history is a must and check for leaks in the footwells,the Leons are a siv for water.And as in all the mk4 platforms watch for door solenoids as they are dealer only and the tell tale is sticky locks on central locking opening.I paid 3900 4 n half years ago and sold it for 3800,the advertisement was up for an hour on the trader and he picked it up the next day.Other than normal wear and tear the car was brilliant just don't buy a red one.Many machine polish pads died keeping that thing red.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Doors are an easy fix though?

Great cars and under 100k seems rare. Not saying higher mileage ones don’t last but when I looked sub 100k didn’t come along often.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Octavia vRS? The 2.0 one, not the 1.8. For £4k are you getting into the newer Leon too?

Those S3s look ancient now. Couldn't bring myself to spend £4k on one. If you're not that bothered about performance but wanting a nicer car to live with, I'd be wanting something newer than an A3 from the 90s.

Arctic 182
I love my Megane, I managed to get quite a good deal but I have never felt I've needed the LSD day to day, it grips really well as it is out the box.

I'd personally go for a well sorted 225 with some tasteful mods.

I picked this up well under £4k with full history and just needing the belts done as the guy lost the receipt for it but that was admittedly factored into the price (the full leather recaros were what sold it!)

View attachment 1344417

Would you rate it as a good daily? As an upgrade from a 182?
Thinking of a 225 as my budget can’t quite stretch to an R26.
As you said, with some tasteful mods they go alright don’t they? Bit more ‘grown up’, roomier and more refined than the 182?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
As you said, with some tasteful mods they go alright don’t they? Bit more ‘grown up’, roomier and more refined than the 182?

+1 on this.

Made my mind up that a 225 is what I'm getting next year as, like you, I probably won't be able to afford an extra few grand for an R26

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Had a 225 Trophy for a few months.

Was okay, felt more grown up, handling seemed good. Yeah a nice enough allrounder. If i was to have another it would have to be modified/mapped.

We've had a MK1 V6 TT in the family for 9 years now. It's a proper lovely little car. Looks mint when it's had a clean, very comfy for long drives, more than fast enough and just sounds bloody awesome.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
We've had a MK1 V6 TT in the family for 9 years now. It's a proper lovely little car. Looks mint when it's had a clean, very comfy for long drives, more than fast enough and just sounds bloody awesome.

A mate at work said about on these last night,would sound lovely with induction & good exhaust.

Listerine & Poledo
Another vote for LCR, in whatever colour.
Some examples.... and one which is a disgusting eyesore
Grey
Yellow
Black
Grey with modzzzz
6th-form knicker-snapper - Picture 19 includes some tasteful mods you may not expect
"Low mileage" isn't really a thing you can pull with a decade-old mainstream beater.

I'm also entirely biased, but the ol' PD diesels can have a degree of clout about them too.
:wink:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
If you’re going to go for the Golf try and get an Edition 30, the engine is worlds apart from the k03 turbo unit of the normal GTi’s.

Mine made 307bhp from stage 1, twas a f**king animal mid range. Again, the 8l S3’s are more or less the same engines of course helped with the faux wheel drive.

Listerine & Poledo
If you’re going to go for the Golf try and get an Edition 30, the engine is worlds apart from the k03 turbo unit of the normal GTi’s.

Mine made 307bhp from stage 1, twas a f**king animal mid range. Again, the 8l S3’s are more or less the same engines of course helped with the faux wheel drive.
Isn't that what the LCR's 225s got? COuld easily be wrong here .....EDIT

An ED30 will be "worth more", granted, with it being a limited run jobbie

EDIT: Yep, that'll be the Mk.5 golf with a 2.0

focus st3
On the flip side he could get a mk2 cupra with the same engine and less money,cupra r mk2s are not worth the extra premium.Dont buy yellow its a nightmare to keep on top of just as the red is but if you like machine polishing red or black like Jims old one look well.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
For the money I’d still punt on the lcr 225. I drove a mapped one and couldn’t stop smiling.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Isn't that what the LCR's 225s got? COuld easily be wrong here .....EDIT

An ED30 will be "worth more", granted, with it being a limited run jobbie

EDIT: Yep, that'll be the Mk.5 golf with a 2.0

The k03 on a tfsi is different to that on the 1.8t. The 225 has a k04 anyway as does the MK2 Leon cupra 240. The tfsi with a k04 is a map away from 300bhp as Danny says.

Seat Leon Cupra R
Say what you like, but 240bhp < 340bhp :wink:

Would LOVE a set of TTQS 15 spokes though. They're like the R32 rims but infinitely better!

focus st3
Doors are an easy fix though?

Great cars and under 100k seems rare. Not saying higher mileage ones don’t last but when I looked sub 100k didn’t come along often.
If you keep an eye out on Seatcupra.net i've seen a few and tbf we bought ours with 78k on over 4 years ago but the missus got into motorbikes and it basically became a Sunday car.Think the doors were 150 a pop but we had to do all 4 over the 4 years we had it.As i was selling the lcr there was one with 48k on and he wanted 6k for it on sc.net.

Seat Leon Cupra R
Guess your not running on standard internals then on the mk1?
If that's aimed at me, then no. Forged rods and rebuilt the lump recently. Need to build a head for it before I go too silly though. Still, I've done it all myself and including buying the car it's cost me less than £4k, so I'll settle for that. Forged engine, turbo conversion, LSD etc so it's a pretty capable car for the money and has been a great learning tool :up:

focus st3
If that's aimed at me, then no. Forged rods and rebuilt the lump recently. Need to build a head for it before I go too silly though. Still, I've done it all myself and including buying the car it's cost me less than £4k, so I'll settle for that. Forged engine, turbo conversion, LSD etc so it's a pretty capable car for the money and has been a great learning tool :up:
Cant argue with that,if we were going to keep it we were gonna do the conrods and take it to somewhere near 300 but she has a 675 street triple so the car wasn't fun anymore lol.

Monaco 172

Sorry about the late reply, been a busy day.

I have had 3 Clio 172s and a 197. I find the Megane a step up in all accounts really. Bigger boot, comfier, better built (still not an Audi though), more gadgets (Keyless entry, auto closing windows etc) and rides smoother. I use mine daily and had just one issue of a driveshaft needing replacing in 8 months but I consider that a wear and tear item. It does 27+ MPG around town and 35+ on the motorway which was infinitely better than the 197 it replaced (circa 22 and 28 respectively) but not as good as a Clio 1*2.

Personally I think having boost for a daily is a lot better, just makes day to day overtaking etc. a lot easier but as a toy you can't beat N/A. In respect of going well, I had a play with an RS4 (4.2 V8 one) up to 130+ leptons a few weeks ago and there was nothing in it so yeah it's more than enough for the road.

If you can stretch to a nice R26, I would just for the diff, but if not, you wouldn't be disappointed in a decent 225.

I was looking at what could replace it next year once we have sorted a house but I honestly have no idea really without throwing another £5K to the budget where M3s etc come into play.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
So after reading this thread, I found myself browing autotrader and PH.... as you do.

I'm not seriously considering selling my 320d and getting a 225 Audi TT coupe Mk1