ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi S3

53 Clio's & counting
2012-04-14165055.jpg

Had this part ex'd in today.

Is a 2001 S3 with exhaust, decat and air filter combo with a remap.

Has a horrid black and yellow interior (including door cards) so i assume it's factory done as it still has the Factory Recaro's in.

Goes very well, needs a bit of tidying but once it's been prepped will be up for sale.

Feel a bit embarrased driving it mind :eek:

Would be a very nice car if looked a bit more standard, don't see many yellow ones about

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I quite like that in a strange way, and I detest yellow cars.

Please tell me that was against the mini??!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
PHP:
Christopher is going to need to be hooked upto a life support machine seeing this. :(

<3

Love it myself.

8L FTW!

53 Clio's & counting
Oh nice work! The MGF went yesterday. :D

Not suprised dude, was lovely that :) Wanna buy an S3? ;) x

Christopher is going to need to be hooked upto a life support machine seeing this. :(

<3

Love it myself.

8L FTW!

The picture makes it look better than it is lol, needs a good clean, interior is dirty, needs a few bits tidying up, but in VGC for an 11 year old car

53 Clio's & counting
basics are this Danny:

The "center" diff uses computer controlled clutches.It uses the ABS system in reverse to detect wheel spin. VW call it EDL - electronic differential lock. VW have been using this for years. The center diff just sends power to the rear when the front diff cannot find enough traction at the front wheels any more. It feeds power to the rear until wheel spin is stopped.

The centre diff is electronic, and will transfere power when it finds grip has been lost - as standard, the cars run 90% powerto the front wheels, and usually sends about 50% to the rear if the fronts start spinning, but it is able to send 100% of power to either axle id required.

Thats the very basics, I hope that helps a little lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
basics are this Danny:

The "center" diff uses computer controlled clutches.It uses the ABS system in reverse to detect wheel spin. VW call it EDL - electronic differential lock. VW have been using this for years. The center diff just sends power to the rear when the front diff cannot find enough traction at the front wheels any more. It feeds power to the rear until wheel spin is stopped.

The centre diff is electronic, and will transfere power when it finds grip has been lost - as standard, the cars run 90% powerto the front wheels, and usually sends about 50% to the rear if the fronts start spinning, but it is able to send 100% of power to either axle id required.

Thats the very basics, I hope that helps a little lol

Cheers Russ, idiots guide and all that... :eek:

Same for the R32?

53 Clio's & counting
yup, R32 has the same. there are different versions of the Heldex system, as they improved it over the years too.

53 Clio's & counting
I just found the Sale Advert from the guy who had it before the chap I got it off (guy who part ex'd it with me only had it a short time):

Audi S3 Quattro facelift model.
8 months MOT
3 months Tax
Almost full service history with receipts for stuff that has been fixed/bought throughout the years. Car has nearly every optional extra such as:

BOSE sound system with 6 disc changer
Half leather, half yellow suede (1800quid extra) Recaro interior which is electric and heated
Electric and heated blue glare mirrors
Self tinting rear view mirror
Xenon headlights (6k)
Piano black dash and doorcard trim
Air conditioning
Centre Arm rest
Climate Control
Boost gauge mounted on dash
Black head lining

Car was serviced in September using all genuine Audi parts. The car was fully standard until I got it last year.

New Parts since I have had the car:

Brand new clutch and clutch slave cylinder in September 2011
Bosch Maf
2 new coil packs
Rear stabiliser link
2 front ball joints
2 track rod ends
Rear left wheel bearing
Front right wheel bearing
2 Strut top mount kits

Power:

Forge Turbo intake pipe with extended arm
Massive 80mm neck Jetex air filter
3" Turbo back exhaust with 6x4 oval tailpipe
Twin De-Cat
Forge 007p Re-circ Dumpvalve
N249 and N112 bypass
Jabbasport Stage2 map
Car is approx 280bhp and 320lbs torque

Exterior:
All windows and sunstrip are tinted light smoke, but with the Audi having a standard tint, they do look a bit darker.
Team Heko Wind deflectors
Leon Cupra R front splitter
Audi RS6 Genuine alloys

I can't see it making that power/torque on the KO4, Id say more like 250-260 and maybe 280lb ft but more like 260lb ft, but it's got more kit on it than I realised

53 Clio's & counting
Bargain price that!

They do range in price, once up together il probably start it around 4.2k and see where we go.

I'm after one of these once i sell both my 172's, i wouldn't go for yellow though!
Gaz - im assuming your friends one is in Scotland?

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Looks nice that. I actually quite like them in yellow, not to keen on the yellow interiors though.

I got mine two weeks ago.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?634478-My-Audi-S3-(8L)

Cracking car I love it, I paid £4600 for mine, at the higher end of the scale price wise but its in cracking condition.

I hate this shape, can never look good. Properly dated, especially the rear.

Well you best get used to it because when I come to the next Northwest meet you will be seeing a lot of the rear end. :rasp:

silver clio 182
I just found the Sale Advert from the guy who had it before the chap I got it off (guy who part ex'd it with me only had it a short time):

Audi S3 Quattro facelift model.
8 months MOT
3 months Tax
Almost full service history with receipts for stuff that has been fixed/bought throughout the years. Car has nearly every optional extra such as:

BOSE sound system with 6 disc changer
Half leather, half yellow suede (1800quid extra) Recaro interior which is electric and heated
Electric and heated blue glare mirrors
Self tinting rear view mirror
Xenon headlights (6k)
Piano black dash and doorcard trim
Air conditioning
Centre Arm rest
Climate Control
Boost gauge mounted on dash
Black head lining

Car was serviced in September using all genuine Audi parts. The car was fully standard until I got it last year.

New Parts since I have had the car:

Brand new clutch and clutch slave cylinder in September 2011
Bosch Maf
2 new coil packs
Rear stabiliser link
2 front ball joints
2 track rod ends
Rear left wheel bearing
Front right wheel bearing
2 Strut top mount kits

Power:

Forge Turbo intake pipe with extended arm
Massive 80mm neck Jetex air filter
3" Turbo back exhaust with 6x4 oval tailpipe
Twin De-Cat
Forge 007p Re-circ Dumpvalve
N249 and N112 bypass
Jabbasport Stage2 map
Car is approx 280bhp and 320lbs torque

Exterior:
All windows and sunstrip are tinted light smoke, but with the Audi having a standard tint, they do look a bit darker.
Team Heko Wind deflectors
Leon Cupra R front splitter
Audi RS6 Genuine alloys

I can't see it making that power/torque on the KO4, Id say more like 250-260 and maybe 280lb ft but more like 260lb ft, but it's got more kit on it than I realised

No 280 should be about right theres a fair few ko4s breaking the 300 mark with better hardware ie bigger intake pipe etc so 280 should be bout right for a stage 2

No 280 should be about right theres a fair few ko4s breaking the 300 mark with better hardware ie bigger intake pipe etc so 280 should be bout right for a stage 2

On AMD rollers yeh. On a decent set like badger5 it'll be circa 270, though, I do know of an LCR that has done 285bhp on badger5 rollers on a stock K04, with a weak actuator ;)