ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Finesse review - Dressle

Hi All,

Thanks again to James and the team Auto Finesse for sending this out. Sorry for the delay, but finally here is my review.

The test area, having already been washed down and dried, was wiped with Eraser to remove all washing oils from the surface.

huquzu2y.jpg

Having talked in threads about the application of Dressle, the product was then liberally applied to two areas of my current mode of transport for the Xmas period (lucky me!);

yquzy8a2.jpg

ede8avyg.jpg

u7y6evub.jpg

Now at this point there are a few things to talk about.

Smell, fine. Application, a cinch. Wipe down one... It really didn't leave anything in my eyes. The entirety of the front of the R8 was liberally sprayed, left for 15 mins and wiped down with a dry MF, turning as I went. This is the application method for 303, IMO the competition.

So after pictures with one coat;

qusubany.jpg

2a2era9a.jpg

u3abatu6.jpg

Therefore I decided to use a reference point. Uncoated-1 coat-2 coats. These are at the end of this post for comparison.

I noted that with one coat, the product showed up any contours or defects in the plastic and so really didn't give a nice uniform finish.

However, having applied the second coat, it would appear you almost need to "prime" textured plastics before the second coat leaves the desired effect.

This was not the case with flat plastics or rubber. It was superb on the engine bay (shiny plastic rather than textured and rubber hoses).

Taped up;

ubumaba4.jpg

50:50

muhu3y4u.jpg

Finished;

vynatyhu.jpg

Obligatory product shot;

byzanuga.jpg

Smooth plastics on the exterior were also treated so I'll update with beading and longevity.

Lastly, comparison shots with a point of reference (bare, one coat, two coats);

5e6ydynu.jpg

3ejyrade.jpg

5e4agedy.jpg

Final second coat shots of the front;

6a7ebumy.jpg

ajy6e8yn.jpg

Final thoughts. Would I buy it? Yes. For rubber and smooth plastics. Arches, rubbers, bump strips etc great. Textured plastics require two coats with Dressle and one coat with 303. I also felt I could just spray and leave 303, whereas Dressle did need that final buff to create the uniformed finish we desire.

Next test to add to this will be spray and leave on my smooth plastic S3 arches.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Looks cracking JD, brilliant review. Your a lucky git with the motor for Christmas too, I assume your back at your parents now?

Looks cracking JD, brilliant review. Your a lucky git with the motor for Christmas too, I assume your back at your parents now?

I am pal, Alderley until the 30th. Loving the effortless power of the R8. So smooth in comparison to the turbo S3.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Think that kinda supports my view. It's a great product on the right car, ie something newish with lots of plastic engine covers etc

Shame a ph1 doesn't quite fulfill that

Think that kinda supports my view. It's a great product on the right car, ie something newish with lots of plastic engine covers etc

Shame a ph1 doesn't quite fulfill that

Hopefully this should interest you chap.

Update.

Cleaned and dressed the S3 engine bay today. 12 year old plastics. Faded and mainly textured plastics. Cleaned with G101, dried and dressed liberally sprayed on.

yja7upav.jpg

japaresy.jpg

2avygere.jpg

e8u2e5e7.jpg

penedetu.jpg

a5aju5ap.jpg

udaraber.jpg

I also cleaned and applied Dressle to the grills which makes life easy.

bevu4une.jpg

ezyhutu9.jpg

3e5e2ume.jpg

I've just left it, as I would 303. Will update once it's dried.

Updated;

The engine bays look great. Both were left to dwell with either a wipe down the next morning or not at all, so similar treatment to 303. Works well IMO;

3u4ureju.jpg

ugu5y9yp.jpg

eby3y8at.jpg

5e2u6adu.jpg

And faded trim before;

2e8e4u9e.jpg

And after;

ravehupu.jpg

Beading well enough for a spray on and leave product, on the skittle panel;

azy2y8ut.jpg

And the R8;

7a8ypytu.jpg

Now a show of exterior left versus buffed;

erageje2.jpg

y9eqahem.jpg

Categoric difference in finish and water repellant properties. So it really is a spray and leave product in my eyes, so exterior plastics where this is not possible (trim etc) really should be left to AF Revive. I have this, so keep an eye out for the next comparison, Auto Finesse

Oh and one more thing. Guys, the spray tops are brilliant. So much better spread than any other company supplied spray head. And the lock is jolly useful. Small point, but makes a clear difference.

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
Yes, verso keeps looking at me willing me to use it, but the weather has been grim....
I may have to go indoors and try it on the Chrysler, seen as the interior hasn't been cleaned for nearly a year.... :-o

Brief update - went to The Unit at the weekend to change the oil and other bits on my car. Many comments of how clean the car was, including the engine bay. A quick picture of the plastics dressed with @Auto Finesse 's Dressle;

View attachment 107899

One thing that was noted was that the plastics (having been left and never buffed) were slightly "oily" to the touch. However, a quick buff solved this without taking away from the finish. So again, @Chapppers11, it clearly shows it is a spray and leave product, designed for instances like this, rather than Revive, which I'd use on the exterior/locations where buffing and/or tight area application is required.

Brief update - went to The Unit at the weekend to change the oil and other bits on my car. Many comments of how clean the car was, including the engine bay. A quick picture of the plastics dressed with @Auto Finesse 's Dressle;

View attachment 107899

One thing that was noted was that the plastics (having been left and never buffed) were slightly "oily" to the touch. However, a quick buff solved this without taking away from the finish. So again, @Chapppers11, it clearly shows it is a spray and leave product, designed for instances like this, rather than Revive, which I'd use on the exterior/locations where buffing and/or tight area application is required.

Really does look good that mate, will try a heavier application on the weekend!

Really does look good that mate, will try a heavier application on the weekend!

To give you an idea, Andy, I sprayed the entire area of the engine bay to the extent that I had a milky liquid build up in the plastic/rubber runs you can see at the middle/right area of the photo above. I mopped this up by dabbing at it with a MF, but only after it had been left over night and I was certain it had soaked into the surrounding areas.

Perhaps the product is ever so slightly lighter than 303, and thus needs longer to soak in/more coverage to achieve an even coat?