ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Finesse Tough Coat

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Today I decided to try out the sample of AF tough coat that I got in my free auto finesse sample pack at PFC Expo last Sunday.

I can't believe I've never tried this stuff before!

I didn't have any tough prep and I didn't want to use triple as I know that it has wax in it. Instead I whacked out the trusty old Prima Amigo. I know that this still probably wasn't the best thing to use to prep for tough coat but it's all I had.

Anyway after applying Prima by DA I went on to apply two layers of tough coat.

I was amazed at how easy it was to apply and remove and I can't believe I've never used this stuff before! It also seems to go a long way and the sample bottle is still more than three quarters full!

Sorry for the crap iPhone pics (standard for me lol) but I think they still give you a good idea of how well it came up!

dfdc796016546ae2d8b5344dc2ee1b31.jpg

a4ac1dc7a67d43b607aa6b49a091ddcf.jpg

54f4c00ff2e39e7c1501017b29cc27cf.jpg

ada130bdc8735d6c068659c277e53d67.jpg

I read somewhere that TC can also be used as a QD, is just a case of spray on and wipe off like any other QD?

RB Clio 182
That looks mint mate, i really like the 182 wheels, they look great in the colour you have mate.

Im thinking of going back to standard wheels.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Looks nice mate, TC is one of my favourites.

For future reference, the Tripple and TC combo is awesome, especially on light coloured cars. TC doesn't function as a QD, well not like C2V3 for example which can be diluted with water.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
That looks mint mate, i really like the 182 wheels, they look great in the colour you have mate.

Im thinking of going back to standard wheels.

Cheers buddy ;)

It's a Honda anthracite colour. I really like it tbh. Bit darker than Renault anthracite.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Looks nice mate, TC is one of my favourites. For future reference, the Tripple and TC combo is awesome, especially on light coloured cars.

That's good to know cheers mate.

I'll give it try at some point. I'm hoping this application of TC will see me right for a few months.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It can't be used as a QD. More a case can be applied like a QD for topping up protection. Once the initial coat has gone down a light mist over the panel then spead and buff off with a MF.

I wouldn't recommend use HD wax over it either as it's a hybrid sealant and quite solvent heavy it might not bond properly or last very long. And may interfere with the toughcoat. Either stick to a more natural wax as Ryan said or stick another layer of toughcoat on

RB Clio 182
It can't be used as a QD. More a case can be applied like a QD for topping up protection. Once the initial coat has gone down a light mist over the panel then spead and buff off with a MF.

I wouldn't recommend use HD wax over it either as it's a hybrid sealant and quite solvent heavy it might not bond properly or last very long. And may interfere with the toughcoat. Either stick to a more natural wax as Ryan said or stick another layer of toughcoat on

I found you while searching for an answer lol.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=275324

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

Cheers Dave I'll stick another coat of TC on instead [emoji6]

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I used tough coat today for the first time too. Like you, very impressed!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So slick looking mate. Amigo is just superb. Tripple has a bit more bite etc and can be used easily with TC, especially as it makes the surface slick similar but not as slick as Amigo.

I personally would give it one more coat of TC and just top up periodically. It's a proper sealant so not a QD. Do you have a QD at all mate?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
So slick looking mate. Amigo is just superb. Tripple has a bit more bite etc and can be used easily with TC, especially as it makes the surface slick similar but not as slick as Amigo.

I personally would give it one more coat of TC and just top up periodically. It's a proper sealant so not a QD. Do you have a QD at all mate?

Cheers Gally! Praise from Caesar ;)

I love the finish that Amigo gives. It's probably my favourite product tbh.

I do have some G3 QD which isn't too bad. What do you recommend mate?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No problem mate, very jealous of that 182 and I never used to be an Arctic Blue fan. :eek:

Depending on price and if it's for a nice slick wipe down after washing/drying etc?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
No problem mate, very jealous of that 182 and I never used to be an Arctic Blue fan. :eek:

Depending on price and if it's for a nice slick wipe down after washing/drying etc?

Cheers mate. It's far far from perfect. Both bumpers and the bonnet need painting but I'll get to that at some point.

Yeah that's pretty much it for a QD mate. It's m just to get it looking slick again after a wash.

If I wasn't hanging, I'd call you a c**t.

Oh wait!
Agreed with RetailDistributionReview, we need a meat.

lol :)

Yeah a meet this side of Crimbo would be good. @Daniel could bring the famo up with him and my mrs could show her the sites of Essicks while we do something involving cars and a bbq :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Research, Z6, FK425, Show Performance Show Detailer. Those 3 are really nice QDs that doesn't offer thickness and addition of protection show are so easy to use.

Just off the top of my head. Prima Slick is another good one and Migliore Endurance.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Ooh prima slick, does exactly what it says on on the tin. One of the slickest QD's I've used. Doesn't overly add too much in the way of protection either so won't interfere with your wax or sealant. Never had it smear. RDR I think I have a small amount left if you want to try it. I was gonna buy more but ended up with reload and meguiars ultimate quick detailer which I think is another great QD although it will add its own water behaviour, which is actually pretty good