ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto trader... doesnt seem right

Yozza'd Titanium 182
ok, im in the process of finding a renault sport 1*2 erm...

why are there sooo many on auto trader for like 4k i thought they wer like 6 - 7 k

are they all crap or what

Thanks

B

Bucko

It seems you can easily get a mint Ph2 172 for £4k at the mo, i wish i'd waited 6 months

J03

MX5 1.8
only reason they are cheap is because most are like over 60k... those who are below 40k are generally around 6-7k

182 FF Inferno
ok, im in the process of finding a renault sport 1*2 erm...

why are there sooo many on auto trader for like 4k i thought they wer like 6 - 7 k

are they all crap or what

Thanks

I've noticed this. There are quite a few 182's dropping below £5.5k (ok, there on 50k+ miles) Are things really that bad selling at the moment?

182 FF Inferno
only reason they are cheap is because most are like over 60k... those who are below 40k are generally around 6-7k

But 60k on a 5 year old car is about average. Looking on autotrader, £6k easily gets you a 182 now.

But 60k on a 5 year old car is about average. Looking on autotrader, £6k easily gets you a 182 now.

Oh fo' sho!!

You can get a nice low mileage 2004 182 for about £6k now! ;)

And nice 2005's for about £6.5k.

You obviously see 182's for £5.5k (although I haven't seen many) and I'd imagine they're either a bit tatty/high mileage, or the owners need to get rid asap or don't know what they're worth.

You also see 182's for £7k and £7.5k, which imho, I think they're dreaming. Trophy's are obviously an exception though, they're worth a bit more of a premium.

Oh fo' sho!!

You obviously see 182's for £5.5k (although I haven't seen many) and I'd imagine they're either a bit tatty/high mileage, or the owners need to get rid asap or don't know what they're worth.

You also see 182's for £7k and £7.5k, which imho, I think they're dreaming. Trophy's are obviously an exception though, they're worth a bit more of a premium.

Couldn't agree more tbh.

Glanza V
i saw a trophy at renault in durham that had just been sold for 7.5k and thats at a main dealers:eek: im not sure on the milage though so this may have played a good factor, but it was very very clean no stone chips etc seemed like a little bargin:quiet:

182 FF Inferno

Oh fo' sho!!

Xzibit, I did see yours in the for sale forum and was tempted, but its pushing my budget too far (£5.5k at the max).

As for them being tatty, I wouldn't know as I haven't seen them. I think I'm after a late 172, low miles around £4.5-£5k (not a cup- I like creature comforts:D )

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
Got £4200 for the wife's the other day. 54 182, black, 63k FSH, cambelt and drive belt already done. Put it on e-bay for 10 days and got one bid. Just the state of the market.

182 FF Inferno
Got £4200 for the wife's the other day. 54 182, black, 63k FSH, cambelt and drive belt already done. Put it on e-bay for 10 days and got one bid. Just the state of the market.

How cheap is that!! Might hang out for a 182 after all.:approve:

172mk2 - flame
Got 3.7k for my 03 60k flame red! no interest for 3 months previous! markets terrible.

Xzibit, I did see yours in the for sale forum and was tempted, but its pushing my budget too far (£5.5k at the max).

Well if you find a couple of ££ somewhere, give me a ring, prices stated aren't set in stone, only a starting point. Cheers.

J03

MX5 1.8
considering a few months ago they were all 8.5k plus it goes to show whats happening

i thought they were about same since? i looked up on them a few months back and kept checking it up now and then and some majority are still sub 6k mark.. i wanted to buy one at the time black 4k something, high mileage tho.. checked the insurance 18 = :dead: got raped

Renault Clio Cup 172
I am trying to sell mine, but with the credit crunch i am not getting any interest even when it is up for £4,500! and i paid 7k for it, 18 months ago! not happy!

Clio 182
Mines going up for around five and a half, mint 182, 50k on the clock, not holding my breath though! although there are still 182's with more miles on Autotrader for over 6k, they will never get that, mine is going up at a low price just to compete!

Static Low
If things go my way. Il be looking at 172's this time next year probably :)

Last edited:
  BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm hoping the 'relative' rarity of mine would hold it in slightly better stead than most if I chose to sell - plus the fact that I bought it for pittance.

I'd fancy a swap for a Meggy, their prices are fairing a bit better though I think...

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
Mines going up for around five and a half, mint 182, 50k on the clock, not holding my breath though! although there are still 182's with more miles on Autotrader for over 6k, they will never get that, mine is going up at a low price just to compete!

Mine was the cheapest 182 on Pistonheads for ages (excluding Cat D cars) and I still had hardly any interest. Seems to be more jokers around at the moment who e-mail and then you never hear from them again. I had to sell as the Mrs is pregnant but I think if you don't need to sell, just hang on to it as the market will sort itself out at some point and values may even rise or should at least stabilise.

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Paid £8k got my 182 3-4 months ago!
Was mint as mint could be though.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I'd fancy a swap for a Meggy, their prices are fairing a bit better though I think...

Meggys are worse, R26's £12K & still not selling.

But then again on that vauxhall or parkers site, should be £10.5K:S

Think in the last few months prices have dived, but sellers have not noticed, buyers have;)